Hoe Phase.

Jailyn~

Scrolling through the options for centerpieces our wedding planner sent over, I like a few of my favorites as I sit on the barstool in my bathroom, getting ready for today's games on pause for the time being. Scrolling through the options, the space between my brow pulls together as I can't seem to get past how tacky some of the options are. The vibrancy looking cheap and like they'd been dipped into a pool of Crayola dye. Somehow when we'd decided on Jewel tones, I never thought of how poorly they'd been executed before. "Can we make sure to stray far, far away from the Splat Dyed flowers? They look disgustingly tacky." After hitting send, I keep scrolling through the pictures lingering on one in particular. The use of dark green foliage helps mute some of the vibrancy of the biggest colors. They don't have to work too hard, given the brightest color was a dark pomegranate tone. The whole piece is stunning, and all the colors play off one another rather than fighting against one another to steal the show. The size of the arrangement is seemingly perfect as well. They won't block anyone's view, allowing our guests to see everything, along with the people across their tables. 

"Hey," Christian says, scooting past me into our bathroom, kissing the top of my head on his way through. "I thought you were getting ready?" 

"I was," I reply, handing him my phone, "Adrienne wanted us to look over some floral arrangements." He nods, taking my phone and scrolling through the few pictures that I was sent. "The one I had up when I handed it to you was the one I liked." 

"I like that one too," he confirms, "What's with all the neon ones?" 

Scoffing, I shrug as he turns the tap on and grabs his toothbrush, "I'm not sure. But they're tacky as hell." 

"Right," Christian agrees, shutting off the water as he starts brushing his teeth. Nodding, I glance back at my phone before noticing the small smile he gives me, even with the toothbrush still in his mouth. Glancing back to my phone, I heart the picture ignoring Christian spitting the toothpaste into the sink, "Hey, you should probably get ready. We've got the brunt of the media to deal with for today." 

"Yeah," I reply, sighing slightly, looking back up to him as he continues brushing his teeth, "It's weird being home in the middle of our seasons. Let alone us both being here." Christian nods, "In a good way, obviously." 

His scoff makes me laugh as he spits back into the sink again, "I'm definitely not complaining. Especially seeing as this game matters a little more for you guys than the ones I actually get to see." 

"Right," I agree, grabbing my brush and starting to run it through my hair. As excited as I am about this whole promotion of the Miller Park double-header through the Stand Beside Her Tour, I'm not thrilled that I have to get dolled up just to walk in. Dolled up enough, my hair is just getting a nice pony. 

"What are you wearing?" Christian asks as he puts his toothbrush away, moving on to start shaving his face. "We don't wanna clash during our first lowkey red carpet." 

Looking up at him, I can't help but roll my eyes at the comment as I twist the hair-tie around my hair. "That one strapless Balenciaga top, the one that's like a corset." 

"That's black, right?" he asks, tapping off his razor in the sink.

"Yeah," I confirm for him, "Then probably whatever pair of black pants I grab, then those Jimmy Choo's. The fuchsia ones with the tulle bows."

"Fancy," Christian comments as I start putting on my foundation. After rinsing off his razor, he taps it a few times, putting it away, and grabbing a towel to dry his face. Once he finishes, he kisses the side of my face before heading out, "Let me know when you're ready."