13.

Thursday came around faster than Eddy was comfortable with. It felt like he was slowly suffocating the entire day watching Brett's mood brighten the closer to the evening they got.

"I guess I should go, then... So you can get ready," Eddy said, trying to sound like his heart wasn't slowly breaking into a million pieces. He was still packing his violin with shaky hands, and he honestly was scared he'd drop it on the floor.

"I still have no idea what to wear, though. Care to help me decide before you go?" Brett asked as he shut his case, and Eddy turned and looked at him like he didn't understand the question.

"What?"

"You're a stylish guy, and I trust your judgement on this. Please help me choose an outfit for the date? I really want to make a good impression," Brett said, running a hand through his hair.

Eddy stared for a bit before clearing his voice.
"Uh, yeah, sure," he mumbled, shutting his case. "You do realize it's been years since I dated anyone, though?"

Brett laughed a bit and shut off their studio lighting.
"You always dress nice, though. Like you're always dressing up for the love of your life or something."

Eddy knew it was a joke. He really tried to react to it as if it was a joke. His cheeks got a bright pink colour, though, but he laughed.
"Well, maybe I am," he attempted to joke back, but it sounded half-hearted. "Let's make you look hot for your date."

Barely half an hour later, Brett had stepped out of the shower in just his underwear to see what Eddy had dug out of his closet to wear. It was so hard not to stare as he watched Brett button up the dark blue shirt he had chosen for him.

"So, how do I look? Happy with your choice?" Brett asked and did a little twirl as a joke. Eddy nodded and smiled, though he felt sick.

"She's gonna love it," Eddy assured him, trying to play the role of supporting best friend even though he'd rather see the outfit on a date with him. He knew that wasn't an option. "I bet she'll be all over you."

"Yeah? Man, I hope so. That would make me one lucky guy," Brett mumbled as he checked out his hair in the mirror.

"She's gonna be one lucky girl to get to be all over you like that," Eddy added under his breath, licking his lower lip. "But if you're happy with what I chose, I guess I should...?"

Brett nodded a bit.
"Thanks for helping me out, bro. I owe you one," he said with a smile before patting Eddy on the arm. "I'll let you know how it goes, but I have a good feeling."

"That's good, I'm happy for you," Eddy lied, running a hand through his hair. His heart felt heavy and breathing became increasingly more difficult, but he hid it so Brett wouldn't worry. He deserved to be happy, and Eddy obviously wasn't the one to do that. "I'll head home then. Good luck."

"Thanks, man. See you... I guess tomorrow?"

"Yeah, bye," Eddy mumbled as he shuffled out the door and down the street. Everything felt heavy.