158.

It seemed that a routine wasn't something Elise was interested in. Not even after four months on this earth would she nap at approximately the same times every day despite going to bed and waking up at around the same times every day.

When she finally did decide to have a nap, though, her dads were getting pretty good at making sure they got some filming done.

Today was one of those days she was absolutely not interested in having a nap at all, though, despite Brett's best efforts to tire her out while daddy was practicing violin in the basement.

"Look at you, bouncing all over the place like a kangaroo," Brett chuckled, holding his daughter as she stood with one foot on each of his thighs and tried to kick off with her feet. Brett was holding most of her weight, but it was clear she had some leg muscles working.

"Aaaaand... Flyyy!" Brett grinned as she attempted another bounce and he lifted her high up in the air before bringing her back down again, causing a ton of those happy gurgles and a tiny squeal from the little princess.

The last doctor's visit had gone well. She was slightly below average weight, which wasn't worrying at all, but otherwise all healthy and normal much to her parents' relief.

There was one thing the doctor had said, though, that Brett had taken notice of: They could expect her first laugh anytime now.

So far, the nearest sound they had were the happy squeals and the occasional pleased shriek she came with every once in a while. Brett absolutely loved to hear her happy, and to hear how her language developed.

"Screw naptime, right? It's much more fun to be up and play with baba, isn't it?" Brett asked her with a smile as she brought her tiny hand to her mouth to suck on. "Maybe we should put on some music while we play?"

Brett stood up and moved her to sit on his arm while going over to plug his phone into the living room stereo.
"What do you want to listen to today, then, princess? Maybe we can find some recordings of auntie Belle?"

Both their families had been eager to come see them the past few months, and even Belle, Eddy's sister, had made a flight from London to come see them. Elise had immediately taken to her and seemed almost inconsolable for the first few hours after they had dropped Belle off at the airport for her return flight.

Brett finally landed on playing one of Belle's albums, Departure, before laying Elise down on her tummy and laying down on the floor with her.

"Might as well get some of that tummy time in while we're listening, huh?" Brett said to her while she struggled to get her small arms to support her proportionally large head. He reached over at brushed some of her quite long bangs to the side.

"You know what, baby? Next time we go see grandma we'll ask her what to do about your hair, okay? I know it's annoying when it gets in your eyes."