76.

"Whose bed are we gonna have?" Brett asked as Eddy snuggled into his chest, an arm tossed heavily over his torso. He ran his fingers through the hair in the back of Eddy's neck, twirling some of the longer strands around his fingers.

"In our new house, you mean?" Eddy asked sleepily, eyes shut. They had signed the contract today, which was insane to think about. They'd only barely discussed it not even a full month ago and now it was a reality.

The best part about the whole thing was that Eddy saw how the doubt that was still nagging in the back of his mind made less and less sense as everything fell into place. It made no sense for Brett to want to take it this far if he didn't at least love him on some level. You don't lie to people you don't care about or like.

"Yeah? Can't have two double beds in our room, even though the room is probably big enough."

"I thought we'd be getting a new bed," Eddy mumbled followed by a yawn. The only thing keeping him awake was the light tug of the hair at the back of his neck.

"We can, if you want," Brett said, kissing the top of his head. "Just thought we could save some money."

"You're right, but I don't want my creaky bed anymore," Eddy sighed, opening his eyes for a moment to force himself to stay awake for the conversation.

"We'll use mine then."

"I don't want yours," Eddy said before clearing his throat and shifting slightly. Brett could feel his mood shift and furrowed his brows.

"Why not? I bought it new when I moved in, it's definitely big enough for both of us...?"

"I just don't like it, okay?" Eddy mumbled, squeezing his eyes shut. He was fine. That's what he tried to convince himself of, at least. This was not irrational.

"But why not? We'd save probably several hundred dollars by moving it? That money could definitely be useful when we buy stuff we actually don't have like a crib and toys and..."

"You fucked her there, okay? That's what's wrong with your bed. You fucked her there while on the phone with me, you fucked her there while we should have been working, while I was here alone trying to get myself to believe you still cared about me," Eddy said, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes in an attempt to keep hinself from crying. "I don't want to think about that every time I go to bed with you, I want it to be our bed in our house with our family. I don't want to think about it."

Brett sat up too, a hand reaching out to sneak around Eddy's waist and pull him closer again.
"I... I didn't realize that's what..." he began, but he realized no words could ever make up for what he'd done to him. "I'm sorry. Of course we'll get a new bed. Of course we will."

Eddy sniffled quietly, allowing himself to be comforted by Brett's careful hug.
"I know it's silly, but..."

"No, no, it's really not. I just didn't think. I'm sorry, Eddy, of course we're getting a bed that's only ours."