116.

Eddy was exhausted. Elise of course would not sleep in her bed, and Eddy did not sleep well in couches. Why wouldn't she sleep? Was there something wrong with her bed?

"Morning lov... Are you alright?" Brett asked, walking over to him quickly. He reached out and wiped a few tears that had ran down his cheek. Eddy shrugged followed by some sniffles.

"Just... Just tired," he sighed, trying to wipe his own tears with one hand. "She just wouldn't sleep in her bed? I don't understand, is it not comfortable anymore? She slept the first night?"

Brett kissed his forehead carefully, taking Elise from him.
"Go sleep some, love," Brett said softly. "You'll need a few hours before Ray's here."

"God, he's coming," Eddy sniffled, wiping his own tears. "You sure you'll be fine on your own for a while? I can... I can wait to sleep..?"

"Go sleep, love. You need it. We'll be fine," Brett said, kissing him softly. "I'll get her fed and change her, and I guess we'll listen to some music to entertain ourselves, and then we'll come wake you a bit before Ray's gonna be here."

"I'm sorry I'm not doing more," Eddy sighed, wiping his still flowing tears. "I feel like I dump everything on you, and I swear I don't mean to, I'll..."

"What? Haven't we done like fifty-fifty now? Every other night?" Brett asked him, furrowing his brows. "If anything you're doing more than me, love."

"I don't know, I feel like I should be doing more," Eddy mumbled, standing up. "Might be exhaustion talking. I'll go for a nap."

"Do that, love, and we'll figure out how to make babygirl sleep in her bed tonight, yeah?" Brett assured him before kissing him gently.

"Thanks, love," Eddy sighed, dragging his feet to the bedroom and closing the door. It felt wrong to lie down on the bed and pull the covers around him. He should be up and get a bottle ready for her, maybe cook breakfast for Brett, change her diaper.

Tears started flowing again as the feeling of not being able to do all the things he wanted for the people he love hit him. He knew he was just tired and emotional, but it didn't make it any better.

He eventually fell asleep, clutching Brett's pillow to his chest.

Meanwhile, Brett was humming as he closed the bottle and brought it with him to sit in the comfy chair. He grabbed the little cloth they used for burping from the kitchen table on the way. Before getting too comfortable, he started a playlist he and Eddy had made with some of their favourite pieces on it.

"The more music you know, the better, eh?" Brett chuckled as he grabbed the bottle to feed her. She calmed down once she got the bottle, and Brett leaned back in the chair as Clair de Lune sounded through the speakers. "Well educated in the classical repertoire before you can talk, that's the goal."