182.

Eddy was smiling a bit to himself as he stirred the fried vegetables he was making for dinner for Brett and himself. Maybe glasses wasn't so bad after all?

He half listened to the sound of his boyfriend and their daughter in the living room as they played together. Or well, it sounded like it was mainly Brett trying to make her laugh by singing the jaws theme and presumably playing with the shark with her.

Eddy became a bit lost in his own thoughts, so when gentle arms snuck around his waist from behind ans a soft kiss was placed on the back of his neck, he jumped.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Brett chuckled softly in his ear, and another kiss was placed behind his ear. "Just wondered how long until dinner?"

Eddy put the spatula he was using down to rest on the edge of the frying pan and turned to kiss Brett before answering.
"Ten minutes? Maybe less if you help me set the table," he smiled innocently, connecting their lips again. He felt Brett's tongue over his lower lip, and with barely breaking the kiss they had gotten Brett onto the kitchen counter with his legs wrapped around Eddy's waist. The kiss deepened and for a few moments Eddy tried to remember if it was time for Elise to have a nap soon.

That was until she screamed. This was no ordinary scream, but the 'something hurts' kind of scream that would hurt any parent to hear. Eddy freed himself from Brett immediately to run and investigate.

She looked unharmed at first look, but the reason for her scream became evident relatively quickly when Eddy picked her up and saw a thin streak of red forming on the back of her forearm. Brett came running after Eddy, looking to Eddy to tell him what had happened.

"I think she scratched herself on something," Eddy said, looking at her forearm. It didn't look that bad, really, but a scratch like that on a baby her age never looked good. "I don't know what, she was on the play mat."

Brett went down on his knees and felt over the play mat, discovering what it was as he too scratched the inside of his hand on something small made of metal that was sticking up from it. He looked at his hand but it seemed like he only scratched the surface of his skin. He reached down again and pulled out the missing hair clip.

"So that's where that went," Eddy said with a sigh when Brett showed it to him. "I think we gotta ask grandma to take better care of your hair clips next time."

Eddy brought Elise to the couch and Brett went to the bathroom to find some rinsing solution for her scratch. Neither of them were interested in her getting an infection from this.

After handing Eddy everything to clean the scratch, Brett went and turned the mat upside down to make sure nothing else was on it. He did not particularly like unpredictable scenarios like this one.