34.

It didn't dawn on Brett what they'd done before after the cloud of arousal and pleasure had settled and they both had caught their breath. A hint of panic stabbed him, but was quickly settled when he remembered one important detail. Possibly no reason to panic after all.

"We didn't use a condom," Brett breathed, feeling Leonora's clammy body resting on his chest. It felt amazing to know that her exhaustion was partially caused by him. She nodded in acknowledgement, not looking particularly worried.

"I'm on the pill, we're fine. The condoms are so extra," she said, kissing his cheeks. "We are like 99% safe anyway. And feeling you fill me up is so much better."

"Fair," Brett snorted, pushing some of her long, blonde hair away from her face. Hearing her talk like that was hot. "And we're not about to catch any STD's from each other, so."

She laughed her beautiful, melodic laughter at that, kissing him quickly.
"You're so silly, Bretty. Of course not," she smiled, running a hand through his sweaty hair. She loved the feeling of her soft fingertips and the light tickles as she did. "I trust you're not sleeping with anyone else anymore."

"I'm not, I promise," Brett sighed, caressing her silky smooth cheek with his thumb. It felt bad that she would need to mention that she does in fact trust him, but he was glad she did. All he wanted was for her to trust him unconditionally again.

"Though I was worried when you were gone so late today. I know it's a bit irrational, but..." she mumbled, and Brett felt the lump of guilt hardening in the bottom of his stomach again.

Brett tried to assure her with a gentle kiss, which she responded to with much more enthusiasm than he felt like he deserved.

"I know it's stupid of me to just stay at Eddy's like that without even telling you. It won't happen again without me calling, okay?" Brett promised, feeling her rest her head against his shoulder. "I was just so agitated about the fight and all, and I didn't know what I was coming home to. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, Bretty, I forgive you," she said with a smile, squishing her face into the crook of his neck and tickling him with her hair in the process. "I know you're trying to be better for me."

"I really am," Brett sighed, closing his eyes. He knew his back would hurt like hell in the morning if they fell asleep like this, but just knowing he got to be this close to her still made it worth it. She made it worth it.

"I love you so much, Leonora," he half whispered as he placed his arms gently around her. He could feel her smile against his neck, causing butterflies to go wild in his stomach. Being able to make her smile was important to him.

"Love you too, Bretty mine," she giggled, intertwining their fingers and resting their hands on Brett's chest.