200.

Idiot. Brett was an absolute idiot, and he was angry with himself. Not even the warm water was soothing him. He felt like scrubbing his skin off with the washcloth because of his stupidity.

He had overreacted, of course. To tell Eddy off for not waking him was a stupid move, and he knew that. He knew Eddy was crying in their bedroom right now, and he knew that not even the surprise he had prepared for him would make up for it.

He didn't even know what to say when he came out in the living room and found Eddy curled up in the comfy chair with a cup of tea in his shaky hands. Why was Eddy still sticking with him? Everything he did seemed to just break him even more, and it hsd been like that forever. Maybe Eddy really would be better off without him?

"I'm sorry I didn't wake you. I'll do anything to fix it," Eddy said quietly when Brett didn't approach. "Please let me fix this, I promise I can be better."

It felt like someone was squeezing Brett's heart upon hearing Eddy's words. He felt weak and guilty. Why did he always have to be the reason Eddy was sad?

"No, Eddy, you..."

"Please, Brett, let me make it up to you," Eddy squeaked followed by a sob.

Brett had to concentrate on his breathing now. He felt like screaming. He was so angry and frustrated with himself. Why couldn't he just learn that Eddy was sensitive to accidentally 'messing things up', as he'd put it? Being sleepy was no excuse.

Eddy looked confused when Brett slowly sat down on his knees in front of the chair he was sitting in, and even more so as Brett took his hand in his. Tears still ran down his cheeks, but the surprise made the sobs pause.

"Please forgive me for lashing out at you, Eddy, for treating you badly when all you did was love me," Brett said quietly, keeping his head down. "And for hurting you and make you sad."

It was quiet for a very long time. Brett didn't once lift his eyes off the floor as he begged Eddy to forgive him with all he had. He wasn't really just apologizing for lashing out about the anniversary, but rather everything he had ever done to hurt Eddy. Every time he had made Eddy feel worthless, every time he had taken him for granted.

Eddy slowly placed his cup in the coffee table to first wipe his own tears and then tilt Brett's face up and wipe a few that had spilled over for him too.
"Get off the floor, you have nothing to apologize for," he said quietly, caressing Brett's cheek carefully. "I'm just grateful you're still with me after everything."

"Please at least let me give you something I was going to at the restaurant?" Brett pleaded, leaning into Eddy's touch on his cheek. It looked like they were making a big deal out of a minor incident, but with their baggage every little pebble had potential to feel like a mountain. "As an apology for overreacting earlier?"

"What is it?" Eddy asked, and Brett got to his feet to go fetch it from his blazer. He felt Eddy's eyes on him as he struggled to get the navy blue envelope out of his inner pocket. Then he went back over and pulled Eddy out of the chair to sit in the cpuch with him before handing him the navy blue rectangle.

"A letter?" Eddy asked, turning it to look at it. Brett reached over to wipe the last of Eddy's tears from his cheeks.

"Just open it," he encouraged, hoping the contents would put a smile back on Eddy's face. "It's... Well, we talked about not getting out much and I thought about it a bit and thought maybe this could be an idea..."

Eddy opened the envelope slowly, pulling out a folded piece of paper.
"It is a letter," he said half jokingly, a tiny smile playing on his lips. Brett felt like he could breathe again seeing it.

"Not exactly. Open it and see," Brett encouraged, placing one hand on Eddy's knee. He was nervous about it. Maybe Eddy would prefer..?

He hadn't even finished his train of thought before Eddy had unfolded the paper and was scimming down the page.

"A trip..?"

"Yeah, I thought... Well, to visit your sister? I know you're close and we never see her..."

"You're taking me to London?" Eddy asked, a smile forming on his lips. "But what about Elise? Where's she gonna..?"

"She's coming too. I talked to Belle and she said she'd love to babysit while we were out and about and she had some friends who could babysit if we wanted to do something with Belle and..."

Brett didn't get any further than that before Eddy had thrown himself at him in a hug.
"You're too amazing, Brett. Thank you so much!"

//Thank you everyone for reading this far!! Wattpad only allows 200 chapters in a book, but I'm happy to tell you that the story continues in Closer 2 which is up on my page now with a new chapter!! Hope to see all of you there!//