35.

Eddy didn't really expect Brett to show up for work the next day. There was no way he'd get so lucky to get to actually spend time with him two days in a row, and he was fine with that. The few hours after filming the day before was enough.

That's why he was so surprised when he heard Brett at his door the next morning, humming slightly to himself as he got his shoes off and let himself into Eddy's house as if he lived there. That's how they did things, and thinking about it made Eddy's heart flutter for a moment before remembering Leonora's existence.

"Morning," Brett said with a smile as he entered the kitchen, putting his violin down on the floor. "Slept well?"

Eddy was still sitting at his kitchen table, trying to make himself feel hungry and eat the cereal in front of him. He hadn't been feeling properly hungry since the party where he and Brett had been together last, but he was trying his best.

"Yeah, yeah," Eddy confirmed, feeling his heart race at the sight of Brett's smile despite knowing he likely wasn't who caused it. "You're in a good mood today?"

"I guess I am. Leonora and I made up yesterday," Brett said, getting a facial expression Eddy knew but hadn't seen in a while. "And let's just say, make up sex is... Pretty good."

"Good for you, bro," Eddy mumbled, moving his eyes down to his now soggy cereal. He wanted to be happy for him, and he felt bad that he couldn't.

Brett got quiet for a bit, seeing Eddy's reaction.
"Sorry, no need to push it on you," he commented, nodding to himself. "I'll make us some coffee."

Eddy bit his lip, trying to force his brain to not tell him he fucked up Brett's good mood by being selfish. If Brett wanted to talk about how great she was, Eddy should be a better friend.

"No, no. It's alright," he said, putting on a smile to make it seem genuine. He pushed his cereal to the side, deciding to give it up. "Coffee would be great though, I'm still a bit tired."

"Coffee coming up," Brett laughed with one of his joking smiles as he started up Eddy's coffee brewer and went in his cupboard to grab cups for both of them.

"Thanks, coffee will be good," Eddy said, followed with a yawn and rubbing his eyes. He was so tired, not having slept much last night. Brett was supposed to call when he got home, and when he didn't, Eddy's mind went into a downward spiral.

No need to worry Brett with that, though. It was just him being stupid and clingy anyway.

"So, what are we filming today?" Brett asked as he set the cup down in front of Eddy and sat across the table from him with his own cup. "The LingLing40hrs, yes?"

"Yeah, and we have to figure out that skit," Eddy added, warming his cold hands on the warm cup. "But if you have to go early, we can just do the memes and I'll..."

"I'm working full day," Brett interrupted him before he could continue, and Eddy just stared at him. "You know, dividing my time like I promised. I can be with Leonora after."

"You don't have to do that for me, Brett. I know she's important to you," Eddy said, taking a sip of his too hot coffee and burning his tongue.

"You're important to me too, Eddy. Besides, we need to do work to earn money. And I think you're forgetting I actually enjoy doing this kind of work."

Eddy got a hint of red over his cheeks. He had figured he was kind of important to Brett, but hearing him say it still meant a lot.

"You're important to me too," was all Eddy could think to answer, and in response Brett leaned over the table and patted his shoulder.

"I know, bro. Grateful that's the case every day."