149.

Brett jumped when Eddy's arms snuck around him from behind while the warm water caressed his body, easing up tense muscles in his neck and helping his headache. He leaned his head back against Eddy's chest, feeling lucky that things turned out like this.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Eddy," Brett said softly, a smile playing on his lips. "I can't believe I was lucky enough to get to have you for myself. Thank you."

Eddy kissed Brett's shoulder softly, resting his chin on it after.
"Don't be silly, we both know I'm the lucky one," he chuckled as Brett placed his hands on top of Eddy's. "This is all I've dreamt of for years and more. I'm literally living the dream."

"We're both lucky, then," Brett mumbled, not liking the turn this was taking. It felt too much like the beginning of their relationship with Eddy's tricks to get his attention and him feeling lucky when Brett gave it to him. He still felt bad about that, but most of the time it was buried in the back of his mind.

"I love you, Brett. Thank you for giving me the chance to prove I was worthy of you," Eddy mumbled, closing his eyes. Brett sighed, feeling the headache return. He didn't want to ruin the nice cozy mood, but this whole conversation just made him feel bad.

"Eddy, love, please tell me you're not still trying to 'be worthy' or whatever," Brett mumbled quietly, turning around to look up at Eddy despite him being kinda blurry when he didn't wear his glasses. Eddy paused for a moment.

"Not in uh... Not in a negative way?" Eddy tried to explain, caressing Brett's cheek with his thumb. "It's more like... I want to make what we have as great as it can be? And I'm grateful you want to be with me so I can do that."

"I want this to be the best thing possible, but I just want you to be comfortable?" Brett said, almost choking on his words. "I don't need perfect, I just need you to be happy... I just need Eddy to be happy."

"Well, I am happy," Eddy said, leaning down to kiss him gently on the forehead. "That's what I'm trying to say, that making this life with you is... Well, it's really the best thing ever. We have the channel, our daughter, our relationship... It's all I've ever wanted."

"I'm not sure if it's smart to have all your happiness relying on me, honestly," Brett sighed, tiptoeing to kiss Eddy gently on the lips. "What if I fuck up?"

"I think I'll take that risk," Eddy mumbled, kissing him again. "You're worth it, Brett, you're..."

Eddy got the air knocked out of him when Brett quickly pulled him into the tightest hug he'd ever experienced. He responded by hugging back and stroking Brett's back carefully.

"I love you so much," Brett sniffled as tears started to flow. "I really really do fucking love you to death, and I don't know how to explain how grateful I am for you."

"Shh, love, don't cry," Eddy mumbled, tangling his hand into his wet hair. "I'm just so glad everything worked out."

Brett tiptoed up to kiss him again, arms wrapping around Eddy's neck.
"I love you too, babe," Eddy whispered against Brett's lips when they pulled away for a breath. "You feeling better?"

"A bit of a headache still, but I think the fever is gone," Brett mumbled, kissing Eddy quickly again. "Help me shampoo my hair please?"

"Of course," Eddy smiled, letting Brett go to grab the shampoo.