99.

Eddy had never moved this quickly in his life, had never felt this awake in his life, had never been so nervous in his life. This was it. The day Brett and he would get responsibility for another little life.

He didn't really feel ready for it at all as Brett drove them to the hospital. What if he fucked up? What if he was handed the little girl and immediately dropped her, ruining her for life? What if she looked just like Leonora and he couldn't make himself love her?

Brett looked so calm as he drove and Eddy didn't really understand how that was possible. Was he not nervous? Did he think they could actually do this without fucking up?

"I know I probably look like I'm about to puke right now, but I swear I'm not," Brett commented followed by a nervous giggle as they made the final turn into the parking lot of the hospital. Eddy furrowed his brows. "No need to stare."

"You look like you're not affected at all," Eddy said quietly, rubbing his eyes. It was barely four in the morning and their activities the night before had made them go to sleep later than planned.

"Yeah? Insane, I feel like I'm gonna pass out" Brett muttered as he turned into the parking garage and drove along the rows of cars to see if there was any available spots.

Eddy leaned back in the car seat as Brett turned onto the ramp up to the second floor of the parking garage. He just wanted to jump out of there and run inside to see if everything was okay with their girl. And of course with the woman who was bringing her into the world, but she was definitely a clear second priority to Eddy.

"We're gonna be parents today," Eddy mumbled as Brett finally turned into a parking space, sounding like he couldn't believe it. Brett sighed and nodded, taking a moment to breathe. "What an insane thought."

Brett took a hold of Eddy's jacket and pulled him into a soft and quick kiss.
"Let's go inside and see how it goes."

They had to wait a few minutes before being allowed in to see Leonora, but when they were Eddy almost pulled Brett along, taking advantage of his longer steps. The nurse who were showing them the way was even faster and was already waiting outside a red painted door when they turned the corner.

"The dads to be are here," the nurse smiled to Leonora as they entered, and Leonora gave them both a little wave. Her mother looked like she wanted to rip their heads off.

"The cheater and his whore," she muttered under her breath. Brett squeezed Eddy's hand.

"Shut up, mom," Leonora hissed at her as she another contraction came over her. She bit her teeth together and squeezed her mother's hand so hard it turned white.

"Remember, you did this to her," her mother hissed at Brett, and Brett froze in place.

"To my understanding, she was in on it," Eddy said firmly, sneaking an arm around Brett's waist.

"We've talked about this, mom," Leonora breathed once the contraction let go. "Actually, will you leave us for a bit? Get yourself a coffee or whatever. I don't care."

"Leonora..."

"Go mom! Just five minutes!"

They watched as Leonora's mom followed the nurse out before moving to stand by her bedside. Eddy didn't really know where to place his eyes, but found himself lingering at Leonora's stomach.

"Are you alright?" Brett asked and sat down in the chair her mother had been sitting in. Eddy rested his hand on the back of it, feeling somewhat out of place.

"It'll be good to be done with this," she sighed, rubbing her belly carefully. "And guys, I'm sorry about my mom. I guess I complained a lot about the situation in the beginning and she just never let it go."

"Don't worry about it, I get she's upset with me. You should be too, honestly," Brett sighed, feeling Eddy's hand move from the back of the chair to rest on his shoulder.

"I'm also sorry I was such a bitch to you, Eddy," Leonora said quietly, looking up at him. He licked his lips nervously. "I was angry with you for taking Brett from me, but honestly? Seeing you guys together now? Of course it was meant to be like that."

"You mean that?" Brett asked, sounding like he almost couldn't believe it. Leonora shrugged.

"I've had a lot of time to think about it, and yeah. I'm actually glad you two are taking her on together."

Brett turned quickly as he heard sniffles behind him, seeing tears rolling down Eddy's cheeks. He wanted to stand up and make sure he was okay, but before he got to that, Eddy had moved to Leonora for a careful and somewhat awkward hug.

"It really means a lot, Leonora. Thank you," he sniffled, and she hugged him carefully back. "Thank you."

"Now, I can feel the contraction coming up, but I'm having mom in here when I... When I push her out. Hope that's...?"

"Of course, you decide that one hundred percent," Brett confirmed. "We'll be in the waiting room."

Leonora just nodded as she took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut. The boys felt helpless watching her, knowing there was nothing they could do about it. Brett offered his hand to hold, and Leonora grabbed it and squeezed with the pain, drawing out a whimper from him.

"I'm sorry, but I want my mom in here," she gasped as the contraction let go again. "Maybe you two can wait..?"

"We'll be in the waiting room," Brett nodded with a smile. "Keep us posted on progress, yeah?"

"Of course. I was 5 centimeters when I was checked twenty minutes or so ago," Leonora informed them, leaning back on her pillows. "I'll tell the nurse to update you."