183.

Half a year. It was insane to think about the fact that they had been parents for six whole months, that their baby girl had been in their lives for that long. Their beautiful baby girl was almost beginning to feel like a real human, which was absolutely insane.

Brett found himself falling more and more for his boyfriend too, especially now when he sat in the comfy chair with a cup of coffee watching him hold her as she happily bounced up and down on the floor. He couldn't believe how stupidly perfect his life was.

He found himself thinking back to the chaos before she was born, back to how Eddy had promised to help him with her despite hurting so much because of him. Back to how he had agreed to be a parent with him even before they became a couple, and how he had asked Eddy to be his boyfriend before the meeting with Leonora and Law. He thought about their first kiss as a couple, how soft Eddy's lips were, how he had hesitated with anything extra because he was scared it would ruin the already perfect moment.

How long ago was that, again? He did some quick math in his head. Almost a year? He pulled his phone out to figure out the date, scrolling back to the year before. This weekend, they had been together for a full year. That was only a few days away.

"Hey, Eddy?" Brett asked, putting his phone away into the pocket of his pink hoodie and placing his hands around his coffee mug. "Any plans this weekend?"

Eddy turned to look at him, putting Elise down in his lap in a sitting position and handing her the shark to keep her busy while he talked to baba.
"Catch up on some sleep? Elise is at Ray's this weekend," Eddy said, turning his gaze back to Elise. "Why?"

"Wanna go out for dinner on Saturday?" Brett suggested, trying to seem casual about it. "You know, a date?"

"Sure, yeah?" Eddy said with a little shrug, brushing Elise's hair from her forehead. "How fancy are we talking? Do I need to iron a shirt?"

"I thought I'd ask you, actually, if you have anywhere specific you wanna go," Brett said, taking a sip of his coffee. "You know, treat you to something you want instead of something I want."

"How about something WE want?" Eddy chuckled, looking up at him again. "Or have our tastes grown that much apart?"

"Wouldn't think so, but who knows? It's over a month since last time we went out, so..." Brett shrugged, smiling down at Eddy on the floor. "How about we go to that restaurant we went to for our first proper date?"

"You mean that insanely expensive one with the amazing chocolate cake?"

"I love how you remember the six dollar cake but not the twenty dollar dinner I paid for plus the wine but okay," Brett joked, raising an eyebrow. Eddy stuck his tongue out at him.

"What I remember best of that evening was the wine and chocolate and fun when we got back home, actually. A full evening of just that would be the perfect date," Eddy commented offhand, which got Brett's mind working.

"What kind of chocolate was it again?"