time

"And how does that make you feel?"

I sigh, "Helpless."

"Why do you feel that way?"

"I don't know," I say. "That's just how I feel."

"Do you feel that her death was your fault?"

"Yes."

"Why?" He asks.

"Because maybe if I wouldn't have left her behind. She wanted to come with me. Maybe if I took her with me then she would still be alive."

He sighs and leans forward in his chair, "Addison, I think blaming yourself is the wrong thing to do. There was no way to control what she did."

"But she's my little sister. I was supposed to protect her. Not make her get killed."

"Okay," he says. "I think that's enough for today. This whole process is obviously going to take time."

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but what exactly is the point of this? What is it going to show me?"

"That you are a good person and you didn't kill your sister. You are to find closure. Peace."

"And if I don't?"

"You will."

"Okay." I stand up from my chair. "Thank you again."

"No problem. I'll see you next Monday."

I nod my head and I walk out of his small office. Right as I shut the door I run into someone. I look up to see someone that looks so familiar to me.

He has dark, fluffy hair and very deep brown eyes. He has on a pair of glasses and that's when I realize who he is. The glasses definitely gave it away for him.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"Uh," I say backing away from him.

He backs up too and pushes his glasses more onto his face, "You are Addison, right?"

"Yes and you are the guy that practically tried to kill me with a rock."

He sighs, "Yea, don't remind me. It's not something that I want to remember."

"Well what are you doing here anyways?"

"I have therapy with Doctor Hans," he says. "I heard he was the best ever, so I came here for it."

"Oh," I say. "Well I hope that whatever is bothering you gets fixed."

"Thanks, you too," he says. "Would you, uh, want to go for coffee tomorrow? I would really like to explain myself."

"Uh, I don't know," I say.

"I get it," he says. "I wouldn't trust me either."

I sigh, "You know, I think it's a great idea. I'll meet you at Starbucks tomorrow morning at ten."

"Okay, that's perfect. Thank you."

"Of course," I say. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walk away from him and I walk down the stairs to get to my car. I can't believe I just ran into Brandon. I also can't believe that I didn't freak out. I mean he did try and kill me.

Nick is definitely not going to be happy about any of this. He doesn't trust Brandon and he hates him, but I also believe in second chances. Third chances to be exact.

Hopefully Nick doesn't try and kill me...or Brandon.

***

"How'd it go?" Izzy asks as I start to stuff my face full of chips.