Chapter 37

Qiu Yeyuan cried loudly in Ximen Yue's arms, after some time, his emotions gradually stabilized, he recovered his senses and suddenly realized that he was being held tightly and a warm hand was gently stroking his back . He pushed Ximen Yue abruptly and said with a blushed face, "I'm fine now, let go!"

"It's really okay. Are you sure you're fine?" Ximen Yue was still a little worried.

"Really, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me, it's more important to find General Yan soon!"

"Okay, then I'm leaving." Ximen Yue lifted his hand and touched Qiu Yeyuan's cheek lightly and said, "Don't think too much."

Qiu Yeyuan nodded, he watched until Ximen Yue's figure disappeared outside the courtyard and turned back to the house.

*******

Du Sheng hurriedly greeted him, as Ximen Yue approached the lobby of the main courtyard.

"Sect Master of the West Gate, the Master of the North Hall said that he got some news about General Yan. He hurried out just now. I will leave this for you." Du Sheng handed him a piece of paper. 

Ximen Yue took the letterhead and opened it, his brows clenched. It seems that things were more complicated than he had imagined.

Tonight, the moon and the stars were dim, indicating that tomorrow's weather was going to be bad.

*******

The Liuyin Manor on the outskirts of the city was dark and silent, with only an oil lamp in the back room faintly shaking.

This was an ordinary farmhouse.

It was a busy time for the masters in the city during the midsummer, and the autumn harvest. However, at this time in August, there was no one moving busily around. The house was empty, seeming like no sign of people living here.

A big white figure appeared in the dark and cold courtyard, as if he didn't feel that his white clothing was in harmony with the darkness of the night.

The man stopped for a moment in the courtyard, walked to the gate, and suddenly kicked the door to pieces.

"Who! Who is there!" An old voice ran out of the back room in a panic, and was shocked when he saw the main entrance of the hall.

"Who, who are you? What are you trying to do?"

The man in white looked at him coldly, "Where is Wu Jie?"

"What?"

"Don't pretend to be confused in front of this Seat! Where is Wu Jie?" Beitang Ao approached, strangling the old man's neck, and lifted him up easily. "Speak!"

"Cough cough...I, I don't know..." The old man's face flushed red, his toes barely hooked to the ground, his throat could still breathe, but he was deathly speaking these words.

Beitang Ao sneered, "It seems that you can't speak without any means of help."

He threw him out, and the man was knocked on the wall and fell on the ground again.

Beitang Ao's shots were as fast as lightning, he tapped several major acupoints all over the man's body in succession, and his strength went through his body, making him miserable.

"Ahh!" the man yelled in pain.

Beitang Ao looked at him coldly, he raised his right foot, and kicked him towards the back of the wall.

After that kick, that person must have all his spine broken, and his life would end no less.

"Hold on!" A majestic voice shouted from behind.

Beitang Ao slowly turned around.

The person who came was Wu Jie.

"The Sect Master Beitang, long time no see!" Wu Jie smiled.

"I have never seen you in my eyes, so do not say how long has it been!"

Wu Jie changed his color, "The Master of the North Hall is really bold and dared to break into my enclave alone."

He had surveyed the surroundings just now and was sure that Beitang Ao was alone.

"General Wu Jie was not too courageous. Not knowing why he even blatantly sneaked into the capital of the Yue Country?"

Wu Jie's heart shuddered, not really sure, but he suddenly have a feeling that Beitang Ao knows more than he knew. Not possible.

Suddenly he smiled and said, "The Master of the North Hall is here, I don't know why he is here and what he is doing here."

"You know very well, why do you still ask?" Beitang Ao answered with a cold smile.

"Is it because of this General's invitation to the North Sect General?" He specially emphasized the word "invitation".

"Where is he?"

"Beitang Sect Master, please be at ease, I'm saying that the general is doing well here. However,  if the Beitang Sect Master doesn't believe me, you can come and see him in person!"

Beitang Ao narrowed his eyes and stared at him closely. He suddenly realized that his gaze was out of focus.

Wu Jie suddenly burst into laughter, "It was said that the Master of Beitang was invincible, but I really don't know how he could face our Dian people's Requiem San?"

When Beitang Ao heard this, his mind gradually became a little lax and he felt sleepy.

"You..." Beitang Ao tried to resist the increasingly intense drowsiness, but sleepiness and drowsiness were originally a normal physiological phenomenon of people, not related to the toxin aided by magic, and he didn't know how to resist it.

Wu Jie sneered and said, "In order to entertain the Master of the North Hall and General Yan, I have prepared a lot of good things."

Beitang Ao shook his head in his futile attempt to clear his mind but he finally fell to the ground and fell asleep.

"You did a good job!" 

The old man who was lying on the ground struggled to get up, spit out a mouthful of blood, and knelt on the ground. "It is the General's resourceful who came up with the idea of ​​smearing Requiem on this old man's clothing. Otherwise, no matter how cunning and suspicious he was, he would never think of it."

Wu Jie was not in the mood to listen to his flattery, he walked up to Beitang Ao, kicked him, turned him around, and sealed the acupuncture points on his body.

A faintly cold fragrance escaped from Beitang Ao's body.

Wujie frowned. Looking closely at the man, he could clearly see that Beitang Ao has a proud face and is handsome. Under the dim and unclear moonlight, his whole body was enveloped with a faint fluorescence, the skin was soft and bright, and the quiet handsome face turned into a strange and coquettish color.

Wujie suddenly felt a bit dry in his mouth! "Take him away!" With a wave of his hand, the man in black appeared behind him, and together with his subordinate who had just pretended to be the old man, they rudely lifted Beitang Ao, and disappeared into the night with Wu Jie.

A soft breeze passed by and a figure in the dark corner at the other side of the courtyard disappeared.