Chapter 34

"Young Master, these two big Ah Fu's are also good. You can buy them together and you can play with the younger master when he is older."

With the enthusiastic recommendation of the little boss, Yan Feili finally bought a pair of Fat Ah Fu and the rattle.

The young boss put the doll into a box, and Ling Qing went up to take it. Yan Feili kept holding the snare drum in his hand, he couldn't put it down, so he put it in his robes. Then the two went out of the shop.

Yan Feili felt much better as they were getting out of the shop. As long as he thought of Li'er's expression when he sees these toys, other things are not important.

The two walked back along the same path.

From where they were was actually not very far from the Hwaseong Sub-rudder, the place was just around a few corners.

Passing by a dim sum shop at the end of Old East Street, Yan Feili suddenly stopped. "The peach blossom cake in that shop is very famous. Let's bring one back for Doctor Qiu."

"Yes, Young Master!"

After two months of getting along, Ling Qing and Yan Feili both learned that Qiu Yeyuan likes sweets. Although most men are insensitive to him, Dr. Qiu has a soft spot in Yan Feili's heart.

Ling Qing saw a long line of people in front of the shop, and the snacks didn't seem to be out yet.

Despite the natural disasters and floods this year, the wealthy families in Hwaseong were not affected at all, eating, drinking and playing as usual.

The line in front of the dim sum shop, at first glance, was all made up of maidservants of wealthy families. Otherwise it will not be easy for ordinary people to cope with the higher prices than in previous years. How can they come to buy such extravagant snacks?

"Young Master, you wait here, I will buy it." Fearing that he would be exposed to the scorching sun, Ling Qing carefully asked Yan Feili to wait under the shade of a big locust tree across the street, then he hurried to line up in front of the shop.

Yan Feili was leaning against the tree, and gusts of the summer breeze blew on his face, with damp moisture, it was silk hot but clean.

His mood gradually calmed down.

A thin figure suddenly rammed over and fell into his arms.

Before Yan Feili could help him up, he had broken free and wanted to run away. However, the hand that was going to help him get up tightened on the boy's wrist and held him back tightly.

Yan Feili looked at the boy with a smile. His other hand holding the brocade bag the boy had just stolen from him.

The thin figure was taken aback, desperately trying to get rid of the shackles that held him, but couldn't get rid of it.

Yan Feili looked at him gently, "Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you."

The thin and dirty boy in front of him was probably only eleven or twelve years old, and his big clever eyes flashed with doubt, stubbornness, vigilance and a hint of panic.

He reminded Yan Feili of his life in the street with Liu Qi when he was a child. The two weak boys had no other support, they were wandering around, and were often bullied by some older beggars. He also did some stealing when they were really hungry.

A wave of pity rose up under the course of action, "Are you hungry?" The boy still did not answer, he just kept biting his lip and looking at him nervously.

Yan Feili took out an ingot of broken silver from the brocade bag that the boy had almost stolen. "This is for you, take it to buy something to eat." Then he continued, "And do this kind of thing next time when you have eaten and are full, or you won't be able to run."