Chapter 97

Chapter 97:

Beitang Ao and Yu Feiqing led their people and horses to a deserted courtyard on the outskirts of the city, and broke in, but the people they were looking for already left the house without leaving a trace.

Yu Feiqing frowned, and immediately led the Palace Guards to search carefully, not letting go of every corner.

After a while, the guards who inspected the area reported back, and no suspicious people or things were found.

Yu Feiqing looked at Beitang Ao and saw him standing in the middle of the lobby, expressionless, not knowing what he was thinking.

"Lord..."

Beitang Ao said: "Nothing was found." This sentence was not a question, but an affirmation.

"...Yes." 

Yu Feiqing felt extremely ashamed. This kind of incident that happened in the house of King Beitang was really shocking. The Emperor personally explained to the Imperial Guards to assist Beitang Ao in the thorough investigation of the matter, and must find the princess and the two sons.

But in the past three days, they searched many suspicious places, but they never found useful clues. And they didn't know who the culprit or what his purpose was, and hid the princess and the sons as if they had disappeared out of thin air.

Beitang Ao did not stay any more, he turned and left the courtyard. Yu Feiqing quickly followed.

Beitang Ao stepped onto Mo Xue and looked back thoughtfully at the courtyard before leaving.

This fact was too strange. The enemy seemed to know him very well and was always ahead of him every step of the way. And the guards who escorted Lin Yanyan and the others to the Temple to offer incense that day were all top masters of martial arts, and they were all skilled, so how could they be defeated so easily?

Beitang Ao rode Mo Xue to the outskirts, leaving Yu Feiqing and the others far behind.

There must be a ghost in this matter!

Beitang Ao is very sure.

Originally, he suspected that Wu Jie might have done this. The so-called centipede was dead but not stiff! Although Wu Jie had his legs broken by himself in the battle of Jianyue, he was able to escape and hurried back to Dian to recuperate. But not only he was a General of the Dian country, he was also the nephew of the King of Dian, this hatred will not go unrequited!

The Dian people are not faithful, they have been known in disregarding affection, and have crazy blood for revenge.

Beitang Ao had been following this clue, but at this time he couldn't help but wonder, how could a foreigner like Wujie think of these many tricks? What's more, this step-by-step strategy was aimed at oneself.

Beitang Ao felt that the hands manipulating all this behind the scenes seemed to be very familiar with him...

He restricted the reins on Mo Xue, and when the people behind him caught up, Beitang Ao ordered them: "You all go back first."

Yu Feiqing asked: "Master, where are you going? Now this time..."

Beitang Ao interrupted him with a wave of his hand: "Don't worry, no one can do anything to me!" Turning his head and ordering the people in the palace, "You don't have to follow me, go back to the palace!"

After speaking, he raised his horse whip, and Mo Xue's hooves went flying, and disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Everyone couldn't help thinking, not to mention the King's martial arts skills, even with Mo Xue, no one could catch up with its four hooves.

Beitang Ao came to the other courtyard. A little relieved while looking at the guards that were strictly patrolling the area. But after hearing that Ling Zhu had returned, he frowned.

When he came to the inner garden where Yan Feili lived, he saw one of the window ajar, and the candlelight in the room flickered with the autumn wind, giving off a dim and silent atmosphere..

Beitang Ao walked into the room and saw Yan Feili sitting at the desk wearing a single coat, holding a letter-like thing in his hand, but looking out the window, wondering what to think about.

"You are back." Yan Feili said slowly without moving.

"Why haven't you slept yet? It is so late?"

"I'm waiting for you." Yan Feili handed him the letter in his hand, staring at him closely.

Beitang Ao took it and his expression slightly changed after reading the contents of the letter.

"Who on earth did this? Do you have any clues?" Yan Feili asked.

Beitang Ao sighed, knowing that there was nothing to hide from him, so he sat next to him and said, "I don't want you to worry."

Yan Feili was feeling so hurt that his heart was torn apart, and said: "Such a big thing has happened to Li'er, do you think I can feel at ease?"

Beitang Ao opened his mouth, and Yan Feili interrupted him: "Who do you think I am for Li'er? I have lost a few martial arts, but I am not a useless person. You don't want me to worry, but do you care for me? Think about it!"

"Fei Li..." Beitang Ao was speechless.

Yan Feili closed his eyes and calmed his emotions, then whispered: "This is not the time to talk about this. I want you to tell me what happened!"

Bei Tang Ao held his hand and said, "I will tell you, don't get agitated." As he said, he talked about the matter slowly from beginning to end.

Yan Feili lowered his head in thought, and said, "The purpose of these people in abducting your wife and the kids is me."

Beitang Ao said: "No, not just you, but also me. It seems that they not only know our relationship, but they also probably know about Li'er's life's beginning."

Yan Feili jumped in shock and started to have cold sweat.

Beitang Ao said again: "This is just my speculation. Li'er's life, only you and me have known this in this world."

Yan Feili looked at the letter, pondered for a moment, and said: "No, they must know something, otherwise they won't threaten me with Li'er. Qianzhi, I'm going to go to the appointment!"

Beitang Ao knew he would say that, and said flatly: "No!"

Yan Fei Li said: "This incident is most likely to be done by Wu Jie. He has hatred for me for killing his brother, and hatred of you for breaking his legs. He knew about our relationship in Hwaseong. But he could never know about Li'er..." After speaking, Yan Feili furrowed his brows deeply, showing incomprehension.

Beitang Ao also had such doubts.