Chapter 24

It was already dawn when Beitang Ao returned to Liuxiang Residence.

Lin Yanyan fell asleep on the bed with her clothes on. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for him.

Beitang Ao took a look at his sleeping wife, then he got the quilt and gently covered her. He looked around the room for a moment then turned around and left the room again.

Some servants of the Floating Residence were already up and getting busy one after another. Beitang Ao was walking absent-mindedly around the garden for a while, and before he knew it, he was already in front of the bamboo courtyard of Yan Feili.

He stood there for a moment and then he stepped in.

Ximei has been transferred back to the Plum Courtyard, but she comes here regularly to clean and tidy up the bed so that the bed will not be stained with dust and the cobwebs will not become a family.

Beitang opened the door silently, and an empty chill assaulted his body.

Looking at the coldness of the house, Beitang Ao suddenly remembered that on the night of the New Year's Eve, he was thinking that the man was looking unwell. He felt that he needed to check on him, however, who would have thought that he would see such a shocking scene when he came here to see him.

Yan Feili's face was pale, covered in sweat and the appearance of him painfully struggling to give birth seemed to reappear in front of him.

Beitang Ao couldn't imagine what kind of pain a man would experience when giving birth to a child.

In his concept, that was a woman's business.

It was only natural for women to give birth to children. Even if it was harder, it was the responsibility and obligation of the talent that was given to them.

Men should not bear these, men have things that men should do.

But now, Beitang Ao sat down slowly by the bed, remembering the intimate entanglement with Yan Feili several times here.

What men should and shouldn't do, what they can and what they can't do, both of them have done everything... he never doubted his own self. Beitang Ao, for the first time began to carefully examine his own practices, and also his own words and wrongdoings. What kind of emotion is it?

Before, he was only his subordinate, his general, who helped him open up territories for the Sect and stabilize the military spirit.

Later in the ghost forest incident, he was ensnared by an aphrodisiac potion in order to save him, and in return, he used his own body to cure him... things were barely equal.

But the arrival of that child disrupted everything, disrupted the balance he had worked so hard to maintain, and completely changed his relationship with Yan Feili.

Although he tried his best to bring their relationship back to the original point, he failed.

Even if the child was taken away and everything was covered up, there was still something different between him and Yan Feili.

Then Yan Fei Li wanted to leave him unexpectedly.

When he learned about this, he felt he was going crazy.

Was he going to abandon his vows back then? Did he still consider himself the Master of the Sect? But Dongfang Xi's words woke him up like a basin of cold water, making him startled and angry.

But the most shocking thing was that when he was drunk, he actually did that kind of thing to him again.

The taste of ecstasy that night was like a poison which had seeped into his bone marrow, it was like a shadow that won't leave his being no matter how far he ran, making him gradually lose the taste of food and caused him sleepless nights, he just want to try that kind of invigorating satisfaction over and over again.