Chapter 93

Chapter 93:

Xiangguo Temple was full of voices chanting and the smell of incense was floating in the air.

Lin Yanyan went to the temple to finish the incense and gave silver liang to the old abbot. He then invited her to rest in the guest room.

After drinking a cup of tea, Lin Yanyan made an excuse to take a rest. She sent the maid to retire, put on a veil covering her face, and sneaked out from the back door alone. 

Behind Xiangguo Temple was a peach blossom forest planted on the hillside, it was quiet and remote, and few people came here except the monks in the daytime. But this time was the lunch time for the monks, and the woods were even more silent.

Lin Yanyan stood under a peach tree and said coldly: "Come out!"

The strange sound of wheels grumbling sounded, and the black-clothed masked man pushed a man in a wooden wheelchair out.

"Madam Lin, long time no see, you didn't come here unharmed?" The man in the wheelchair smiled.

Lin Yanyan did not turn her head and said, "What you said at Putuo Temple that day, was that true?"

The man said: "Naturally it is true. How does the madam think about it?"

Lin Yanyan was silent for a moment and said slowly: "I can cooperate with you. But you have to do one thing for me!"

"What is it?"

Lin Yanyan slowly stated her conditions. The two sides reached an agreement and then left one after another.

Only the peach blossom trees in the forest have heard the cold blooded plot clearly.

*******************************

Yan Feili woke up dazedly in the afternoon, he faintly heard the laughter of a child in the yard, the giggling sound was crisp and moving.

Yan Feili felt a little strange hearing it, he got up and walked out of the yard, and saw Qiu Yeyuan holding a one or two-year-old girl in his arms, squatting in the flower garden to tease her.

"Mother! Mother! Flowers, flowers!" the girl yelled, pulling Qiu Yeyuan's skirt.

Qiu Yeyuan frowned, "I am not your mother, I want to be called father."

"Mother, Flowers! Flowers!" The little girl didn't know whether he understood it or not, but she kept screaming.

"Doctor Qiu, this child is..." Yan Feili asked strangely as he approached the two.

"Ah." Seeing him, Qiu Yeyuan quickly stood up holding the baby a bit embarrassed and said: "She, she, she is my daughter."

"What?" Yan Feili looked at him in astonishment, then at the child.

"No...that, that...she is the child of the Moye man. She, she..." Qiu Yeyuan stammered, at a loss as to how to explain it, but Yan Feili already understood.

"So that's the case." Yan Feili smiled slightly, he already assumed who the little girl was before Qiu Yeyuan explained. But the strange thing was why did this kid call him "Mother"? Generally speaking, it's 'father'. If he is a "mother", then who is "father"?

All these questions were kept in his mind, and he didn't ask the Doctor, he just looked at them with a smile.

Seeing Yan Feili's smile, Qiu Yeyuan's face flushed. He always felt that he should explain something, but he didn't know how to say it. But before he could utter another word, the girl in his arms suddenly screamed.