Chapter 22

The figures outside were shaken, and the soldiers from different tents gathered in a hurry. The footsteps were chaotic but also orderly. No one was making a noise, only the screaming of horses and the faint sound of killing and cutting in the distance.

Although they had received the news early and have known that the Dian Army would come for a surprise attack, they did not expect them to come so quickly.

At this time, most soldiers were having their dinner.

Fortunately, the army of the Four Heavenly Sects have always been well-trained and responsive, and everyone was gathering in an orderly manner.

According to the plan, General Yan Feili will lead his vanguard to attack from the front, and Ximen Yu will lead the main force to outflank both sides and attack the Dian Army from behind, trapping them in the process.

It is the so-called 'praying mantis catching the cicadas, and the oriole is behind.'

They deliberately pitched their camp in this valley for this reason.

Yan Feili, since he grew up in these areas, was very familiar with the terrain near Jian State and knew that there were dense forests on both sides, suitable for encirclement and interception.

When General Bai Ri and Sect Master Ximen Yu set up this plan to lure the wolf into the room, they took him once to set the final planning.

But at this moment, things came so suddenly. Yan Feili wondered if Ximen Yu could have the time to take the men and horses across the dark and rugged mountain road to the predetermined location.

There was no time to think so much.

The Dian army who came to the night attack had more than 30,000 troops, but Feili only carried 8,000 soldiers and horses with him.

They must fight on the open plain in front of them, at least for an hour or so, to wait for the 20,000 troops of the Western Sect with Ximen Yu to clear the siege.

The Dian men from Yunnan were all brave and tall and should not be underestimated.

At this time, the raid became more vigorous like tigers out of their cages.

Yan Feili said to Ling Qing who was following him: "You go back to the tent and take care of Doctor Qiu."

Then he led the soldiers into the killing field.

In the dark night, the entire valley was surrounded by the sound of wailing, screaming, neighing of horses, and intersecting swords.

Doctor Qiu leaped anxiously while staying in the tent.

If his diagnosis was not wrong, Yan Feili is two months pregnant.

But depending on the situation now, Yan Feili doesn't seem to know it yet.

Worst of all, because he had been kneeling in the heavy snow for a long time after childbirth, he fell into a chronic disease that was difficult to cure. This chronic disease will not be easy to protect the child inside him right now. What's more, he had recently overworked in the army and had an unstable fetal rate which was even more dangerous.

But before he had time to warn him, the raid came.

With his body like this, how can he be on the battlefield?

Doctor Qiu was about to run back to his tent to prepare the medicine box, when suddenly someone rushed in the tent, it was Ling Qing.

"Ling Qing!" Doctor Qiu was startled, "Why are you here? What happened to General Yan?" Ling Qing saw that he was relieved.