Chapter 69

Chapter 69:

In the Supreme Harmony Hall in Beitang Palace, a snippet of singing and dancing rises to peace.

Beitang Ao sat boringly on the left under the throne, in the most respected position, lazily ignoring the singing and dancing performances in front of him and the flattery of courtiers. The Emperor didn't care, knowing that the Beitang Ao's heart was cold, and he had just returned, and was also injured. It was not surprising that he was not interested. It's just that, this kind of banquet that catches the wind, even if you don't want it, you have to come and show your face.

Beitang Ao turned his head and saw his uncle, the Emperor, smiling at him, raising the glass, and shaking it, asking him to offer a glass to the officials. Beitang Ao frowned, intending to pretend not to see it, but saw his uncle widen his eyes as if screaming silently at him again, implying that he could go back after the glass of wine.

He had been used to attending such court banquets since he was a child, and he knew many rules, so he suppressed his impatience, raised his wine glass, and stood up.

Seeing this, the courtiers below stood up one after another, and even the dancing and singing stopped temporarily.

"Beitang respects the Emperor for a glass." Beitang Ao said, drank it in one sip, put down the glass, and said to the Emperor: "Your Majesty The Emperor, this minister is unwell, so let this minister leave first."

The Emperor was feeling helpless, but knowing his temper, he just nodded and let him go. He could be so daring and bold in his hall that he didn't even bother to talk about entertainment, and probably only this haughty nephew of the North Hall can do that.

Beitang Ao returned to the palace, where the servants took off the big purple court clothes and changed into his white clothes. He waved back everyone to leave and entered the inner room. He took out a secret letter from his sleeves, he received it at a station outside the city this morning before entering the city.

Beitang Ao turned it over and smiled slightly.

Yan Feili, Yan Feili, since you have vowed to leave, why did you stay so close to me?

Except for the first half year after leaving the Heavenly Sect, Feili had wandered all over the country alone, travelling all over the world, three rivers and five mountains, avoiding all the eyes of the Heavenly Sect. It was not until two years ago that he came here to join his childhood friend Liu Qi. And two years ago, it was the time when the previous Emperor of the Ming Dynasty died and the regime was in civil strife. Beitang Ao rushed back to the country to help his uncle, the youngest prince, ascend to the throne. After that, they immediately rectified their military power, sent troops to the west, and successively included several neighboring countries into the territory of the Ming Dynasty. Today, they finally unified the large tracts of land in the north and southwest.

Because they often send troops out, and for another reason, Lin Yanyan and her son had just received them from Heavenly Sect six months ago.

Counting the days, it has not yet reached the three-year period that he set. But his feelings for him are beyond doubt.

With a light sigh, Beitang Ao leaned on the couch, clenched a fist with his other hand, and tapped his forehead lightly.

After the experience of time, his mind has not moved even a bit. It can be seen that his affection for Yan Feili has exceeded his imagination. This is not a good thing, but love is born from one's heart, and it is not what you can do.

Now that he has finished his affairs temporarily, there was nothing in the court to arouse his interest. To the Southeast, Dongfang Xi has quickly conquered the small states of the various borders with the help of wind and speed, expanded the strength of the Wen Kingdom, and at the same time consolidated his own power. He now has the military power in his hand, and the court is all his people, forcing the palace to abdicate, or trying to seize the throne, I'm afraid it will happen sooner or later. Although he has a fellowship with him and a covenant, he does not know whether he can contain his ambitions. After all, this equal sharing of the world is not a long-term solution.

Beitang Ao frowned secretly, resenting his rare peace, how could he think of these things again.

Sitting up, it affected the injury on his left shoulder, and there was a tingling pain.

It was injured by Nanwu's famous weapon, the iron crossbow. Since it is an iron crossbow, it weighs more than tens of catties, and a single arrow weighs one catty and two weights, but one arrow could wear two hundred catties of wild boar to the lungs. Only the Nanwu people who live in the northwest all year round can use it.

At that time, General Yu lured the enemy into danger, and Beitang Ao led his troops to encircle and suppress them. Everything on the battlefield was chaotic. The proud spear of Beitang flew, and no one stood in the place it passed. Seven iron crossbows flew back at them and the targets were him and Yu Feiqing. His body's magical protection was broken in less than a minute, but in order to rescue Yu Feiqing with the silver whip around his waist at the last moment, he had to suffer from this arrow.

Obviously, he had already used his internal force to break the arrow, but he didn't expect that there would be another twin arrow after him. Although he was able to avoid the key parts of his body being hit, it still pierced his shoulder blade.

Beitang Ao moved his left arm carefully, his scapula shattered and his injuries were serious. Whether he could heal is still a question. But he didn't care much. Even if his left arm is scrapped, he is still proud!

He invited the palace manager and asked what the young prince was doing and why didn't he bring the prince over to see his father. The palace manager told him that the Young Master is currently at the palace stable and was going to equip Mo Xue with a horse.

Beitang Ao smiled and said, "What do they know,  what good horses will they pick? It's just which one they look at." Then he pondered for a moment, and asked: "These horses, were they all selected from whose horse farms?"

The palace manager reported the names of several horse farms one by one.

When Beitang Ao heard the name of the Thousand Miles Racecourse, his heart moved, and said to the palace manager: "You have seen those racecourses, who sent the horses worthy of the King's Mo Xue?"

The palace manager thought for a while, and replied: "The King's Mo Xue is a rare class that is unparalleled in a century. How can it be matched with ordinary horses? Although the horses sent by those few vendors are all good, I think it can only match the average A good horse matches, and Mo Xue who matches the King may not be enough."

Beitang Ao nodded and said, "Tomorrow you will return these horses to them, and ask them to send three more each in three days."

"Yes, Your Highness."

The chief general withdrew.

Beitang Ao walked to the window and stared at the crescent moon in the early spring, suddenly remembering that night that year, Yan Feili was wearing a blue windbreaker, a rustling figure standing under the big tree in the bamboo garden. He remembered that he had forced him into possession after being drunk, but he still didn't understand what he wanted that time, and said some hurtful words at him. But he didn't know that the anger he threw at him at that time had clearly exposed his affection.

"Fei Li, Fei Li." Beitang Ao murmured twice and smiled slowly, as if muttering to himself: "Were you really able to leave?"

The voice gradually became muffled and silent.