Chapter 54

Chapter 54:

Beitang Ao kept his promise.

After Cui Nu returned with Li'er in her arms, he told her that Yan Fei Li was the child's adoptive father, and asked her to live here with the child for a period of time and take care of Yan Feili's daily life.

After their talk, Beitang Ao returned to Plum Courtyard.

Yan Feili has reunited with his child, and could get along with him day and night, naturally cherishing this hard-won reunion.

Probably it's really the "mother" and the son connected to the heart, as he got acquainted with his son within half a day.

In the next few days, Yan Feili accompanied Li'er every step of the way, and wanted the child to sleep with himself at night. He experienced getting up in the middle of the night, making his child pee in person, feeding his child when he is hungry.

These days, the headquarter was very busy with the New Year approaching. There were a lot of affairs at first, but Beitang Ao passed everything to the people under his clerk. All these things were left to the deputy general of Northern Sect and not to bother him and not to make a mistake.

Without heeding, it was New Year's Eve again.

The Floating Residence lights up and festoons with joy.

As usual, there was an annual banquet in the main hall, but this year, Eastern Hall Sect Master Dongfang Xi and his generals were missing.

Because of victories in the territory of Yue Kingdom, the leader of Wen Kingdom was overjoyed and called this "unsatisfactory" brother back to spend the festive season together.

Everyone in the hall knew that this time Dongfang Xi finally seized the opportunity, not only to consolidate his power in Wen Kingdom, but also one step closer to the goal he wanted.

In the fully seated banquet, apart from some people who had been known in advance to be unable to attend, there was one person who was not present, that was Lin Yanyan.

Because of her being heavy pregnant and inconvenience, she didn't bother to attend this annual banquet.

So this evening, only Beitang Ao attended as usual.

Yan Feili was not distracted and absentmindedly drinking with everyone, but thinking of Li'er in his heart.

Thinking that Li'er was really very smart, in just a few days, he had learned a few words under his own teaching, and he was speechless with pride.

After dinner, he finally couldn't bear it and found an excuse to retire first.

Back to the bamboo garden, Li'er was still sleeping.

Yan Feili thought that this was not only his first New Year, but also his birthday, so there were New Year's gift this evening. He told Cui Nu to let him sleep and wake up at night.

After letting Cui Nu go down, Yan Feili sat on the side of the bed, lovingly gazing at Li'er's sleeping face while gently patting him with his big hand, his face filled with love.

When Beitang Ao came in, he saw this moving scene.

For a moment, he really had an illusion, as if Yan Feili was his 'wife', patting their son to sleep.

Yan Feili was a little surprised to see Beitang Ao coming in. "Sect Master, why are you here?"

"I come to see you and the child." Beitang Ao walked over and sat beside him. He looked at Li'er and took out a gold-cast longevity lock from his sleeves, and said: "Tomorrow is Li'er's first birthday. I will give him a longevity lock. When he wakes up, put it on for him to keep it safe."

Yan Feili took the golden lock and turned it over. He saw that Li'er's name and birth date were engraved on the back. There were also the words 'Peace, Happiness, Safety and Longevity' in the lower corner.

"The Sect Master thought well, I didn't expect this at all!"

Beitang Ao smiled, and said: "You didn't expect it to be too much! Tomorrow we have to hold a year's ceremony for Li'er."

Yan Feili also smiled: "I'm also thinking about this."

Beitang Ao: "Oh? What did you prepare?"

Yan Feili: "What did the Sect Master prepare?"

Beitang Ao: "This Seat can't tell you!"

"This subordinate can't tell you!" and "The subordinate can't be rude."  The two said at the same time and laughed.

Unconsciously, it was almost time.

Yan Feili picked up Li'er, awakened him, and dressed him in warm clothes tightly.

Beitang Ao put on the longevity lock for Li'er, reflecting his more and more pink face, which was extremely cute.

The two went to the hillside behind the bamboo garden with their child, the sound of firecrackers came from the red wall, and they felt very lively.

"Puffff...Phewff!" 

Blossoms of gorgeous fireworks gleamed out in the dark sky, and the sky was glowing with red light.

Li'er's dark eyes opened wide, looking at the sky excitedly.

*********

Lin Yanyan also heard the fireworks outside and called the maid.

"Is the Master still having a feast?"

"Yes Madam."

"Send someone to ask the Sect Master to come back, just tell him that I hope he can watch the fireworks with me."

"Yes Madam."

The maid went down, and after a while, she came back and reported: "Madam, someone has been sent to invite the Master, but he did not see the Master in the main hall, they have said that he has already withdrawn from the feast."

"Oh?" Lin Yanyan frowned slightly, "Probably someone invited him to the courtyards for a small gathering."

She didn't go to the annual banquet today and took a nap for an afternoon. She felt well rested and was in good spirits.

She tidied her appearance and got up slowly.

"You accompany me to see the fireworks."

She was helped out of the house by the maid and stood in the courtyard for a while.

Lin Yanyan looked at the sky outside the high wall and said, "I can't really see it here."

Suddenly remembering last year's New Year, she wasn't able to watch the fireworks because she was drunk. Beitang Ao also regretfully told her that the hillside behind the Plum Courtyard was the best place to watch it.

So she took a few maids out of Plum Courtyard and turned to the quiet hillside behind.

Before she could approach, she heard a faint, crisp and tender laughter peculiar to children, which was accompanied by the laughter of two men, and the voices were very familiar.

Turning around the hillside, Lin Yanyan saw Beitang Ao and Yan Feili standing on the top of the slope holding Li'er, looking up at the gorgeous scenery in mid-air with a smile.

A firework flew into the sky, blooming brilliantly in front of everyone, instantly reflecting a bright red, and also reflected the warm smiles on the faces of Beitang Ao and Yan Feili.

Lin Yanyan was shocked! She has never seen Beitang Ao with such a smile.

There was a trace of pride, a trace of satisfaction, and a trace of tenderness in those smile.

Hearing the footsteps behind, Beitang Ao turned around and saw Lin Yanyan's surprised expression.

"Yanyan?"

Yan Feili also turned around and was shocked.