Chapter 111.8

08

Unknowingly, more than a month has passed.

The first month had passed, and the weather in the mountains was getting warmer, but it was still very cold.

Yan Feili goes out at noon every day and walks slowly along the mountain road where Beitang Ao used to accompany him every day. Then in the afternoon when the weather is good, he sunbathes in the yard and sculpts some toys by himself. .

Before, when Li'er and Yue'er were still small, he personally carved wooden swords and bows for them. He also carved a wooden rocking horse for Chen'er. When they were young, Chen'er and Yue'er liked to fight around the wooden horse most, to see who climbed up first. Every time, Yan Feili would just smile and separate them, and then hugged them one by one, taking turns sitting them on the wooden horse.

However, at this time Yan Feili didn't have so much energy to do such big things anymore. Moreover, he faintly felt that one out of ten, this baby is a boy. He didn't know why he thought so, but he felt that way. This child was very energetic, and the symptoms of his pregnancy were very similar to those when he was pregnant with Li'er

He shaved off the sawdust from the wood that he was making and polished it finely. The small wooden sword in his hand was very smart and cute, light and safe. Yan Feili looked at it and smiled slightly. A sudden movement in his belly made him frown.

The days without Beitang Ao by his side had become particularly difficult. It's not that he couldn't live without him, but for so many years, the two have a tacit understanding and affection that others couldn't match. For example, every night, Yan Feili was always inconvenient to move his body, he often felt cramps and sweats, but no one was there to take care of him. Even though it was like this when he was pregnant before, he was young and strong at that time, not as strenuous as he is now.

Yan Feili's big hands slowly soothed his abdomen, he relaxed himself, and took a deep breath. The child was still tumbling inside, and his heart hurt.

It's only been seven months, but how come it's so energetic...

After finally slowing down the child's restlessness, a layer of cold sweat appeared on his shirt. He got up with difficulty and slowly walked inside to return to the back room. Yan Feili was a little tired, and laid down on the bed to take a nap.

On the bedside table was the news from Beitang Ao that he received two days ago. Everything was okay in Yaojing, but there have been many affairs in the Ming Dynasty recently. Beitang Ao also wanted to take this opportunity to help assign a new King to take over his burden of being the Beitang King, so that he could completely retreat and be at ease.

Because of these considerations, and the fact that Beitang Ao was far away, it was an eventful autumn. The emperor was the proud uncle of Beitang Ao after all, he has to deal with it thoroughly, so the day of returning may be delayed. Beitang Ao said that he would send Ling Qing over to take care of him, but Yan Feili refused.

Lingyin Valley was a forbidden valley by the Moye people, and non-ethnic people and their partners were not allowed to enter. It would be bad for Ling Qing to come here. Besides...

Yan Feili always cared a little for him. The young man, even though they had a misunderstanding once, had always cared for him and saved him back then when he was pregnant with the twins, and always looked after him when he ran away from the Sect. The shadow guard with a clever look back then was long gone in Yan Feili's heart. Let him stay in the palace at this moment to help take care of Yue'er and Chener and the others.

Yan Feili thought so, and fell asleep groggily.

It was already so late when he woke up. Mother Liu had already made dinner and left.

Yan Feili lit a candle and went to the outside hall. He saw the food on the table, but he had no appetite.

He sat down at the table, barely picked up the still warm meal, and ate two bites, but he couldn't swallow it. With a sigh, he put down his bowl and chopsticks and looked at the dark sky outside the window as the cold wind whizzed past.

Yan Feili stared blankly for a while, suddenly feeling a little uneasy.

He was already over forty years old, he is not too young anymore, and his body had been severely traumatized, but now he is going to have a child again. It is incredible. If he can give birth safely and when this child reaches adulthood, he will be at the dying age but if he would not be safe to give birth...

Yan Feili hurriedly stopped his thoughts. He knew that perhaps it was because Beitang Ao was not around that he was thinking about things like this. But after touching his growing abdomen, Yan Feili could not help but feel hesitated.

Tossing around in bed that night, Yan Feili felt uncomfortable on how to sleep. His stomach was much bigger than when Beitang Ao left, it was getting heavier, it made his back sore, and it was getting harder to turn over. But Beitang Ao hadn't come back yet, and he was irritated. He put a pillow under his back, and leaned up to take a breath.

After resting like this for a while, he fell asleep. 

A sharp throbbing pain in his lower body in the middle of the night awakened him immediately.

Cramps...

Yan Feili was in a cold sweat with pain, but because of his bloated body and inconvenience, he couldn't reach his legs at all. Just like a frog lying on its back, he relaxed his limbs and breathed deeply. His leg throbbed so badly, but nobody there could help him relieve the pain. The child in his abdomen also stayed up tossing in the middle of the night, and didn't know what to do with it. All he could do was lay there, taking deep breaths to alleviate his discomfort.

Yan Feili was tortured to the point that his waist began to ache, and he couldn't move, and was extremely embarrassed and desolate.

"Qianzhi..."

Yan Feili frowned and finally couldn't help but shouted his name. Although knowing that the person was not around, he still hoped to relieve the pain in this way.

After finally getting up at dawn, his shirt was already soaked with sweat, and his body was still a little stiff. Yan Feili opened his eyes drowsily, only to feel sore and weak. He made an attempt to sit but couldn't get up, so he fell back on the bed and continued to sleep.

He was awakened by Liu Ma from his drowsiness. She looked at him faintly and said worriedly: "My goodness, Feili, you have a fever, you should find a doctor."

Yan Feili said in a low voice: "No need Mother Liu, I'll just lie down. Coughs..."

Mother Liu quickly helped him up, let him drink some water, and persuaded: "You are not normal now. It's better to find a doctor to see you, so it won't affect the child."

Yan Feili waved his hand, feeling tired and weak, and said: "No need...I couldn't take medicine anyway, I'd better take a break..."

Hearing him say this, Liu Ma stopped insisting. "Get up first, I made you some porridge, and I boiled a pot of ginseng chicken soup."

Yan Feili reluctantly got up and ate a bit, then went back to bed. Liu Ma covered him with two thick quilts and let him sweat the fever out. Seeing him like this, she was really worried.