Chapter 87: Battle of Mandalore part 3

In the middle attack team, Ezra, Sabine, Bo and Roman's forces landed on the ground near the first orbital cannon control tower. Once all their forces landed and together, Ezra, Sabine, Bo and Roman got in a circle around a holo image of the tower. "Okay remember the plan: we're tasked on disabling the tower. We won't be able to keep the cannons shutdown forever because of the second one in the city, but we'll shut them down long enough so our cruisers will be able to resupply us with additional reinforcements. Sabine, how long do you think you can keep the cannons offline?" Bo asked. "I can try to keep it down for about 30 minutes. But I'll try to keep down longer." Sabine said. "Just keep it down for as long as you can and I'll give the signal for some reinforcements." Bo said.

"We'll also have to be prepared. The Empire will try and throw everything at us to defend this tower. Our ships barely survived the first cannon fire. If we can't keep the cannons down long enough for our fighters and gunships to come in, they'll be blown out of the sky in a matter of moments. Sabine, are you sure you can do this?" Roman asked. Sabine didn't know how to answer. She didn't want to say it but she was nervous. All the pressure was put on her. If she'd failed, this whole invasion would've been for nothing.

Sabine then felt Ezra grab her hand. "Don't worry. My girl's got this. I know she won't fail." He said smiling at her. Hearing him say that boost up Sabine's confidence more. Knowing that Ezra believed in her made her be even more determined to do this. "Okay then. Lets move." Bo said as her and Roman put on their helmets and walked away. Sabine leaned to her side to give Ezra a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks. Even though I don't know if I'll be able to do it, I'm glad I have you in my corner Ez." She said. "I'll always have faith in you Sabine. Now come on. We have a job to do." Ezra said and they both walked off.

They road on top of their tanks towards the tower. They saw the tower in the distance. "There it is. I don't see any troopers so they must not know we're coming yet." Roman said. "Once we get closer they will know." Ezra added. "Then we'll attack here and now. All tanks fire at will!" Bo ordered. All tanks unleashed a hail Mary of rounds at the tower. Some hit while others landed near and around the tower. Then stormtroopers flooded out of the tower and running at them. "Attack!" Bo shouted. They all jumped into the air and flew towards the troopers and their battle begun.

Right side

Emily and her team heard explosions and blaster fire off in the distance. "Looks like they've engaged the tower. Must be a big battle over there." Emily said. "You're not worried are you?" Madison asked. "Ha! When have you ever seen me nervous." Emily said. "Well everyone is all set and ready to go." Anna told her. "Good. Alex, you got a fix on that bunker?" Emily asked. "Yep. It's straight ahead." Alex said. "Lets get moving then. I'm ready to knock the buckets off their heads." Cayde said. "Now hold on Cayde. Lets approach cautiously. We don't know how what the Empire has planned for us once we get their. Now lets move." Emily said and they started to walk.

Some walked on the ground while some road on the tanks. They felt like they was walking for hours but only a few minutes. In the distance they saw a small building. Emily looked into her wayfinder and saw their destination.

 Emily looked into her wayfinder and saw their destination

"That's our target. Dead ahead." Emily said. "It looks so small." Cayde stated. "Yeah but imagine how many stormtroopers are inside." Madison said. "And how much more will be coming here once we attack." Anna added. "Which is why we strike first, strike hard..." Alex started. "And no mercy!" Emily said as they all went for the attack on the bunker.