Chapter 16

It had been 47 hours since they left for the planet Sullest. It was a boring ride but it was necessary. Some went over weapons and gear, some slept and others stayed awake not knowing how to settle with their boredom. Emily and Tristan were arm wrestling each other and Amari and Ezra was playing holochess.

"Alright, that's checkmate." Ezra said as his chess piece destroyed Amari's last chess piece. "Well, the student beats the master." Amari said scratching the back of his neck. "But you got lucky." He added. Ezra rolled his eyes. They took their gaze off each other to Emily and Tristan. Emily used all his strength to slam Tristan's hand to the table. "Boom! I win!" Emily shouted proudly. Tristan rubbed his hand in pain. "Holy cow Ezra. You know how to pick your people." Tristan said. "She's the best there is at what she does." Ezra said. Then Ezra's com started to beep. "That's my cue. I gotta take this." Ezra said and grabbed his helmet and left.

Ezra went into his cabin and closed the door behind him. He set his helmet on the ground and pressed a button on the side. Then a holo image appeared of Sabine. "Hey Ez." She said. "Hey Sabine. How are things back at base?" Ezra asked. "It's fine. Things are slow around here. The rest of the Clan misses your. And so do I." Sabine told him. "I know. But don't worry, we're almost done. We just gotta go to the planet Sullest for the next Kyber Crystal. Then one more planet and we'll be ready for our mission." Ezra explained. "That's good. It's just you've been taking so much responsibilities over the time and that makes me worry." Sabine said. "Sabine there's no need to be worried about me." Ezra told her. "Ezra you're my husband. I'm supposed to be worried about you. If something's bothering you, you can tell me anything." Sabine said. "*sighs* all this rebellion stuff just reminds me of them." Ezra said sadly. Sabine didn't need to ask who he was talking about and looked down. "I know. I miss them too." She said. "You know there still with us right?" Sabine asked. "Yeah I know. They would love how we turned out. Us getting married, starting our own clan and having a daughter." Ezra said and Sabine smiled. "Speaking of which, where's Mira?" Ezra asked. "She's sleep right now. She didn't want to go to sleep because she wanted to see you but she was too tired to stay awake." Sabine told him. "I bet. She's just like me." Ezra stated and Sabine gave a small laugh.

Then Ezra's com beeped. "Go ahead." Ezra said. "Ezra we're almost at Sullest. Five more minutes." Emily said. "Alright thanks Em." Ezra said and turned his attention back to Sabine. "Guess you have to go huh?" Sabine asked. "Yeah sorry." Ezra apologized. "It's fine. Go do what you do best." Sabine said. They smiled at one another. They both reached their hand out to one another to touch one another. "I love you." Ezra said. "I love you too." Sabine said back. They both ended the transmission and Ezra grabbed his helmet and left the room.