Chapter 93: Battle of Mandalore part 9

15 minutes earlier

Ezra, Ursa and their team were already engaged. The base end in reinforcements to support them but they were out gunned. Soon they were down to the last of what was left of them that continued to fight. But as soon as they were about to end it, the Stormtroopers started retreating. "Huh? That's weird. They're just running away?" Ursa asked out loud. "Something's not right here." Ezra said.

Then they got a transmission from the others. "Ezra, Ursa, we're all done with things over here. How's it looking on your end?" They heard Amari asked. "Same here. They just up and left." Ezra said. "Wait there's something coming. Something big." Ursa said pointing ahead. They saw a large vehicles coming at them. It made a noise and start to light up. "What is that thing?" Ezra asked. "Mom! Ezra! Get out of there! Now!" They heard Sabine shout. "EVERYONE RETREAT!!! NOW!!" Ezra ordered. Then they saw a bright beam coming at them. "INCOMING!!!" Ezra yelled as he threw himself in front of Ursa to protect her. Soon everything went dark.

Present

Sabine sat on the ground of the battlefield crying as she witness the destruction of another one of her weapons. She saw tanks was destroyed, the ground was on fire and scorched Mandalorian armor and weapons laying on the ground. Without any bodies. No one could even comprehend what they witness. Amari and Tristan went to comfort Sabine as tears of their own fell down. Emily was trying to keep strong for Alex, Anna, Madison and Cayde's sake knowing they all was hurt about what happened here. While Bo and Roman were at a lost for words.

"Sabine? Why didn't you tell us you created another weapon?" Amari asked. "I...I was scared if things got worst for us. It was still new. It was still a blueprint by that time. I never wanted that weapon to be used like how the Duchess was. I swear I destroyed everything about the design all those years ago." Sabine managed to explain while crying. "It's not your fault. You couldn't have know about this." Tristan said. "But it is my fault! This weapon was designed to leave no survivors. It's not like the Duchess. It's far more dangerous. It was designed to take down large ships and armies. Look around you! This is what that thing leaves behind when it shows up. None of us is safe. It's all my fault. If I had destroyed everything about the weapon, none of thia would have happened. Mom.....Ezra....they would be...." Sabine stuttered as she burried her face into her hands and started to cry again.

"Sabine!"

Sabine shot her head up and looked around. She saw nothing but heard someone call her name.

"Sabine!"

She got up off the ground and looked around again. Then she saw two people emerging from the smoke.

 Then she saw two people emerging from the smoke

Sabine's eyes widened as the two figures came closer. "Mom. Ezra!" She shouted running over to them followed by everyone else.