Chapter 64

The next day, Sabine, Ahsoka, Cayde, Anna and Rex all packed up and was ready for the journey that awaits them. They were up at the crack of dawn readying up whatever they needed for their travel and was now outside of the ship making sure they had everything. "Okay I got the coordinates from the captain. He landed the Starbird on an open field a few miles from here north east." Sabine informed. "That's a long ass march." Cayde stated. "It was the closest landing point he could find that was big enough for the ship to land." Anna told him. "Ahsoka. You and Rex know the lay of the land better than us. You think you two could lead us a safe and clear path?" Sabine asked. "We can't guarantee that it'll be a safe path, but it'll be the clearest we can give you." Rex answered. "Okay that'll have to do. Remember, we don't know what's out here and how bad it can be. So keep vigilant guys and we'll make it outta here okay." Sabine told them and they nodded.

The group walked through a small path that was surrounded by large trees. When they looked up they could barely see the sun. "What's the deal with the giant trees in this planet?" Cayde asked. "That's unclear to me. Over the years I've been doing some meditations and this planet is a lot more than meets the eye." Ahsoka said. "How so?" Sabine asked. "Well, this planet has incredible wildlife. Some good, and some bad. It's like balance that I've never seen before. It's always an equally amount. Nothing more and nothing less. And to top it off, the Force works in mysterious ways on this planet." Ahsoka explained. "Okay we're talking about the Forceand now we could've brought Ezra here to translate she just said." Cayde said and they laughed.

After a few moments of silence, Anna felt something land on top of her helmet. Then the small furry bunny crawled down to her shoulder. "Hey buck." Anna said as she scratched the bottom of his chin. "That must really like you. Looks like I got some competition ahead of me." Cayde said and Anna chuckled. "Those bunnies are fond of new things. That one must have liked you for a reason." Ahsoka told her. "Yeah I guess so." Anna said smiling at the bunny.

Then the bunny's two tales went straight up and did a soft whimper. "Hey buddy. What's wrong?" Anna asked as she held him in her arms. That's when they felt the planet shake a little. "Uh what was that?" Sabine asked. "Quick. Get down." Rex said and they obeyed. As they all crouched down, that's when they saw a giant foot land not far from them. They all looked up to see the massive monster tramping over trees.

"That's got to be the biggest Rancor I've ever seen." Cayde stated. "There's more I'll tell you that. Best to run into one and look for a fight. Come on we can sneak past it while it doesn't notice us." Rex said and they all followed him in a different direction.

They walked for a few more minutes in a different direction away from the massive creature. While walking in this direction, Ahsoka recognised the area and felt a cold shiver up her spine as she went closer to Rex. "Rex, I think we should turn back." She whispered. "What why?" Rex whispered back. "Don't you recognised where we are, we're on their hunting grounds." Ahsoka told him. "I know, but we can't go back the way we came. And besides, they're in their hibernation right now." Rex said. "No. I heard one last night while with Sabine. They're awake." Ahsoka said and Rex turned back to see her worried and fearful face. "Hey it's okay. We'll try to stay clear of those things. I promise." Rex reassured her and she nodded. "Hey what're you guys talking about?" Sabine asked from behind. "Oh nothing important. Lets keep moving so we can get back on track." Ahsoka told her as they continued to walk.

The group kept walking the way that they were told to walk as the trees got thicker and barely any light came through. The area was now tall grass with nothing else and it was also as thick as the trees for. No one could see what could be hiding in there. Ahsoka felt a cold and dark presence through the force. Her arms were shaking and she hugged herself to stop as the presence got colder and colder. "Ahsoka? You okay?" Sabine asked. "Y-Yeah. I'm okay. Just wanna get out of this area that's all." Ahsoka said and Sabine nodded.

Then Cayde stops. "Guys. I got something on radar. Ahead of us." He said pointing at a rock in the middle of the field. "Oh no. A rock. What will we do." Anna sarcastically said earning a punch on the shoulder by Cayde. "It's probably just an animal. Lets just..." Sabine said but was cut off by the sound of a high pitched roar.

"KKKKRRRRAAAAAAAAAGH!!!"

"No." Ahsoka said. "Everyone. Get down. Now!" She told the other whispering. They all got behind a different rock. "Ahsoka? What exactly are we hiding from?" Anna asked. But before she could answer, another sound got their attention. They peeked over the rock to see a dark scary figure sitting on the rock in the middle of the field.

 They peeked over the rock to see a dark scary figure sitting on the rock in the middle of the field

"No....No, No No. Why? Why are they here now." Ahsoka said in a scared tone. "Ahsoka, what is that thing?" Sabine asked. Ahsoka grabbed her by the shoulders. "Sabine listen to me. That thing is extremely dangerous and we can not attack it. If we do we die." She said. "Ah c'mon. It's just one. We can take it." Cayde said. "No please. Trust me. It's not worth it." Ahsoka told him. "Cayde listen to Ahsoka. Trust me not many things can scare her. Only stuff truly evil can scare her." Sabine said. "Okay so how do we sneak past it?" Anna asked. "We can't." Rex said. "Why?" Sabine asked. "Because......there's more than one." Ahsoka told them. As they turned back around, another one landed right in front of them.

 As they turned back around, another one landed right in front of them

"KKKRRRRRAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!"