Chapter 43

"OW!" Anna said when she was put to the ground. She looked up and saw Emily smirking. "I win." She said and got up. Emily extended her hand out to her and Anna grabbed it. "Man. No wonder people call you a badass. You're strong." Anna admitted as she rubbed the back of her head. Emily and Anna were doing some combat training at the base. After Emily said she'll show Anna a few of her skills, they've been practicing for the past six weeks. During this, they both started to become friends, best friends, to each other. Anna was progressing better than Emily thought, but still had a long way to go. They had armor and gear on and was in some casual training clothes going over a few techniques.

"Don't beat yourself up, kid. You've been doing good." Emily said and Anna smiled. "So, you wanna go again?" Emily asked. "You bet! I wanna get as good as you." Anna said. "Okay. Remember, try to get more speed in your attacks. It's not all power. Too much of it will make it slow." Emily said and Anna nodded. They both stood across from each other and got into a fighting stance.

Emily charged at Anna with punch. Anna was about to block it but Emily faked it and swept under her legs knocking her off her feet. Anna was ready for this and put her hands in front of her to catch herself. As she did that, she side kick Emily in the gut sending her back. They both got on their feet and locked arms with each other. Emily was able to get behind Anna and flip her over her back but Anna landed on her feet. She still had Emily in her grasp as she turned her body around and put her in a headlock. Emily was able to get out of it by tossing Anna forward. Anna got on her feet and attack Emily with some punches. Emily threw her arms up blocking all her punches. Anna went for a side kick but Emily grabbed her leg. She pulled her close to her wrapping her arms around and under anna's arm and head. Emily kicked the back of Anna's leg forcing her to fall backwards. Anna was able to get Emily off of her and get up. Emily went for a punch but Anna grabbed her arm. She pulled Emily close as she jumped slightly in the air wrapping her legs around Emily's neck still having her arm in her grip. Anna now had Emily in a firm triangle hold.

Emily was struggling to get out of the young girls grasp but Anna's grip was too firm now. Anna tighten her hold on Emily. "Give up Emily. I've got you." Anna said. Emily was trying to find a way out of the hold but them had an idea. "You sure about that, kid?" She asked with a smirk. Anna was confused as to what she went. Before she knew, Emily grabbed onto Anna's side with her free hand and gave it a few soft squeezes. Anna then realized what Emily was doing and tried to hold back her giggles. "Emily *giggle* stop! *giggle* that's not *giggle* fair!" Anna said as the dam broke and she started to laugh. "Give up, kid. It's the only way." Emily said as she continued to tickle Anna. "I *laughs* can't take *laughs* it!" Anna shouted as her grip loosen. Then she let go Emily not being able to take it anymore. They both fell back on the floor breathing hard. After a few short moments they were now laughing at the fun sparing they had.

After that, they both sat on a bench next to the window drinking some water. "Well that was fun. Even though what you did wasn't fair." Anna said. "Hey some battles rarely are. And don't sweat about it. Alex did the same to me." Emily said. "Oh really." Anna said as she did a soft squeeze on Emily's side making her giggle. "Knock it off!" Emily said as she punch her on the shoulder and they both laughed.

"Hey, Emily, can I ask you something?" Anna asked. "You just did." Emily joked earning a punch on the shoulder. "Just kidding. What do you want to ask kid?" Emily said. "What's Ezra like to you?" Anna asked. Emily's eyes widened at the question. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I mean everyone says he's a tough leader. Brave. Fierce. Strong. And kinda scary on the battlefield. But what's he really like?" Anna said. "Well, when I first met Ezra I was kinda nervous. He used to be, and technically still is, a Jedi and rebel. Now a Mandalorian that's the leader of his own Clan. To me, he's like my mentor. Him and Sabine has taught me everything I know so far. What surprised me most is how kind he is. He's really caring to other people even when they aren't his own. In many ways, I see him as a best friend and in other ways, a father figure I never had. Sabine was like a best friend too and kinda better than the mother I lost. I'd do anything for them both. Hell i'll die for them if they let me." Emily explained.

"Wow. Ezra is a really cool person." Anna stated. "Yeah. Yeah he is." Emily added. "Then they both got a call on their comms. "This is Emily. Go ahead." Emily said. "Emily. You and Anna meet us in the command center when you can." Ezra came back. "Copy that boss. We'll be there." Emily said and ended the call. "Wonder what's going on." Anna said. "Me too. C'mon kid, lets go get our armor on." Emily said and they walked off.

After a few minutes, Emily and Anna walked into the command center with armor on, helmets in hand and blasters in holsters. As they entered, they saw Ezra and Sabine at the holo table. "Hey guys, what's going on?" Emily asked smiling. Ezra and Sabine exchange looks with each other and back to her. "We've been talking and we both think it's time to go back there." Sabine said. Emily's smile faded knowing what they were talking about as all the memories flooded back on her. "You mean....?" Emily started. "Yes..." Ezra finished for her.

"We're going back to Dantooine."