Chapter 57

It's been almost a week and everyone was getting some well deserved rest. Though everyone was getting anxious for some action, it was nice to sit back and relax before the upcoming raid. Everything was almost set and ready. During this time, Clan Bridger numbers have grown very quickly over the time. They were glad to have many numbers, they would need them if they would want to do this raid.

One day, Emily, Alex, Anna and Cayde were called in the command room. The four walked in and saw both Ezra and Sabine standing at the other end of the holo table. "Hey boss. You needed us?" Emily asked. "Yes. We have a mission your you four each in separate teams." Ezra said and he pulled up a planet on the holo table.

"Alright this first mission goes to Emily and Alex. We've picked up a wild distress beacon from the imperial prison planet called Delrian. We don't know how this person was able to send out this deacon but it could be a trap. That's why I'm sending my best." Ezra explained. "Ah what. I thought I was the best." Cayde stated and they all chuckled. "What you don't wanna go on a mission with me?" Anna asked playfully. "No that's not what I meant. I'm just saying." Cayde answered and Anna smiled. "Don't worry you both have a mission to go on with me." Sabine said and pulled up another planet.

"We picked up another wild distress beacon from and unknown planet in the far unknown sector. You both are coming with me to find who or what sent that signal. You think you both can handle it?" Sabine said. "You can count on us." Anna said. "And us too for our mission." Emily added. "Alright good. Go get ready. You all will leave as soon as you're ready." Ezra said and they all nodded.

After they all were ready they went to their ships. Sabine along with Anna and Cayde, were gonna be taking the Starbird on their mission while Emily and Alex were taking the Ghost, after getting permission from both Ezra and Sabine.  Ezra walked to both teams with Mira in his arms. "You sure you don't want to go with you Sabine? You'll need the extra hand if anything happens." Ezra asked. "It's okay Ezra. You've been the most one on missions, it's time that I had a turn for a change. Rest, we got this." Sabine told him and Ezra smiled. "Mira you gonna be okay while I'm gone?" Sabine asked her daughter. "Yes. Besides, I have daddy all to myself now." Mira said wrapping her arms around Ezra's head. "Remember, if anything happens, call me and I'll be over before you know it. That goes for you two as well." Ezra said looking over at Emily and Alex. "Yeah yeah we know. We'll be careful." Emily said and Alex chuckled. "Good luck to you all." Ezra said and they all got into their ships.

The Ghost lift off from the base and saw that the Starbird already jumped into hyperspace. "There they go. You ready Em?" Alex asked. "Born ready. Punch it." Emily said and the Ghost jumped into hyperspace.

It's been an hour since Emily and Alex left the base on are now on their way to Delrian. Alex was still in the cockpit while Emily was somewhere in the ship. He pulled something out of his pocket and examined it. It was a blue small box. He smiled at it and put it back in his pocket. Then Alex decided to go find Emily, so he put the ship on auto pilot and left the cockpit.

He then found Emily in the common room drinking her favorite drink, a Blurrgfire and eating some food. When Emily saw him enter she smiled. "Hey Alex. How long till we get to the planet?" She asked. "Still got 5 more hours ahead of us. I just got lonely in the cockpit and decided to come look for you." Alex said. Emily smiled and gestured him to come sit down. When Alex sat down, he got close to Emily. Emily grabbed another straw and put it in her cup. They both leaned down and started to drink out of the cup and eat off of Emily's plate. They were both in deep conversation laughing and talking with each other, just enjoying each others presence. After some silence filled the air, Alex pulled Emily closer to him. "Whoa, what's this all of a sudden?" Emily asked. "I just love having you close to me." Alex said and Emily smiled. Alex then pulled out the small box from his pocket and Emily gasped when he opened it.