Chapter 49

They all entered the underground rebel base going down some stairs. Once they reached the end, they found themselves in a hallway at the bottom.

 Once they reached the end, they found themselves in a hallway at the bottom

"Well this ain't ominous at all." Emily sarcastically said. "Lets try to get through it quickly but quietly." Ezra stated. "Don't worry. It'll be fast. In. And out." Cayde added. "Lets hope so." Ezra said and they walked down the hallway.

They were walking down the hallway making sure they didn't run into any rebels along the way. Ezra lead the way along with Cayde while Emily and Anna covered the rear. "How much farther do we have to go?" Emily asked. "Just a few more miles down and we'll get to where we gotta go." Ezra answered. "Isn't it weird that we haven't run into any guards yet." Anna stated. "Careful what you wish for. Don't jinx us yet." Cayde said. They continued to walk until they came on a big area.

 They continued to walk until they came on a big area

"Which way do we go?" Anna asked. Cayde looked at his wrist. "This way. But we'll be going past multiple populated areas with rebels." Cayde explained. "*sighs* well, no turning back now." Emily said. "Indeed." Ezra added and they all walked into the direction.

They sneaked throughout the base. They spotted a few rebels but quickly sneaked past them. They continued to sneak their way down the halls. "So what was the purpose of this base again?" Anna asked. "The rebels build this base to spy on the Imperial presence here and us. And to keep up supplies here at the base, they sent stealth ships to stay off our radars. If they loose this base, there's no way they can win against us now." Ezra explained. "Why can't they just give up and admit defeat?" Anna asked. "All rebels are wired like that. They can't give up until they finally see there's no winning against us." Cayde said. "They're nothing but ruthless criminals that don't deserve to live. If they don't give up, then they die." Emily stated.

"Someone has a grudge. What reason could you have for hating them?" Cayde asked. Emily said nothing and looked down while Anna placed a hand on her shoulder. Ezra nudged him in the shoulder. "She along with her boyfriend was tortured badly by the rebels. He's been in a coma for almost five months." He whispered to him. "Whoa. Can't imagine how she feels right now." Cayde said. "Some battles leave scars. Some you can't see." Ezra told him. Then they saw another big area ahead of them. They walked towards the entrance and quickly realized that the room was filled with rebels. They quickly hid in the hall to not be seen. Ezra peeked over to see the rebel filled area.