Chapter 75

It was a terrible few days for Sabine. She hasn't felt this much pain in her heart since the Crew died all those years ago. She would wake up not feeling Ezra by her side. She would have nightmares about what the rebels were doing to her daughter and cry herself to sleep. She missed Mira more than anything. She missed her smile, her laughs, the joyful aura she'd bring with her everytime she entered a room. Sabine couldn't bare to the thought of loosing her five year old little girl. She had called her parents and told them what happened and they said they were on there way.

Soon two Clan Wren cruisers dropped out of hyperspace over Concordia. A shuttle took off from one of the cruisers and headed towards the planet. Sabine was on the airfield waiting for them. Once the shuttle landed Ursa, Amari and Tristan walked out. Once face to face, Amari got a good look at Sabine. Her face was covered in tear streaks, her eyes were red from crying and her hair was a mess. Sabine looked up at her father and looked down feeling sadness wash over her as she held her stomach. Amari embraced her daughter in a hug and Sabine hugged back grasping onto his shirt. "I....I.....I couldn't do anything to stop them from taking her. I'm so sorry." Sabine said crying again. "It's okay Sabine. You have nothing to be sorry for. We're here for you." Amari said as Ursa and Tristan joined the hug.

Once they parted Sabine wiped her eyes of tears and gave out a shaky sigh. "Where's Ezra?" Tristan asked. "Out there. Searching for Mira. He said he wouldn't come back until she was found and safe." Sabine told them. Ursa placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry Sabine. He'll find her. I know it." She said and Sabine nodded. "C'mon. Lets take you inside." Amari said and they headed inside the base.

For the remainder of the day, Amari, Tristan and Ursa helped run the base since Sabine wasn't in the right state of mind to do anything. So Sabine just sat in her room sitting on the bed with a picture book in her hands. It was pictures of her, Ezra and Mira inside and she thought that seeing some could make her feel better. She started flipping threw pages looking at every picture a few times making her smile.

 She started flipping threw pages looking at every picture a few times making her smile