Chapter 48

It was almost sundown on Gargon. The team was ready and waiting for the right time. Ezra was in his old room, probably calling Sabine to tell her about their progress. Cayde was in another room doing whatever. Emily and Anna were in the common room playing a game of holo chess.

It was quiet for a few minutes till Emily spoke up. "So kid. Let me ask you something." She said. "Sure, Emily. What is it?" Anna said. "You like Cayde?" Emily asked. Anna's face turned red at the question. "I, Uh, what do you mean?" She asked trying to hide her red face. "Well I saw the way you two looked at each other. It's obvious that you like him and he likes you." Emily stated. "Well, I don't know. Maybe....kinda." Anna said. "Ah c'mon. You can tell me. Girl to girl. No one else." Emily said with a smirk.

"*sighs* I don't know how to describe it. He's nice, funny, cute..." Anna trailed off looking down. "Kid, what's wrong?" Emily asked. "I mean I don't want to make you feel bad. Since Alex is still in a coma." Anna explained. Emily looked down in a little sadness but shook it off. She placed a hand on Anna's shoulder. "Hey. It's alright. Just because my love isn't here with me doesn't mean I should feel sad or make anyone else who deserves love feel sad. Just like me, you deserve a chance at love. Don't make it harder feeling sad for me. I'm happy for you, and you should be happy as well." Emily explained and Anna smiled.

"But, I know that's not the only thing that's bothering you right now." Emily added. "What if Cayde's juat trying to be nice? What if he doesn't feel the same?" Anna asked. "I'm gonna tell you what Ezra told me. If he doesn't feel the same than that's on him. You have great potential kid. And if he can't see that than he's probably not the one for you. Only time will tell." Emily said making Anna smiled. "Thanks Emily. Wanna go again on this game?" Anna said. "Sure. We've been tied this far in. So I'll win at the end." Emily stated. "In your dreams." Anna said and they both laughed and continued the game.

Two hours later

Ezra, Emily, Cayde and Anna were running on rooftop after rooftop on their way to the secret rebel base. It was nighttime throughout the underworld city. The only thing that was alive at night was the lights and speeders. They kept running until Cayde held his hand up. "We're here. Just down there is one of the back entries to the base." He informed. They all jumped down and looked over a small ledge. They saw the metal door of the rebel base.

 They saw the metal door of the rebel base

"Okay. I assume one of you knows how to hack door controls." Cadye said. "Yeah that's in my department of work." Emily told him. "Alright cool. Lets go."

They jumped down the small alleyway and rushed to the door. Emily kneeled to the door controls and got to work while the others covered her. "Okay. Done." Emily said. "That was fast. The only person I know who can hack that fast is Sabine." Cayde said. "Who do you think taught me?" Emily asked rhetorically. The door opened and they saw a darkness inside. Then the lights flickered on and they saw a stairway down.

 Then the lights flickered on and they saw a stairway down

"Alright guys. Keep together. And remember, when we get to where we need to go, split into your teams and blow up the objectives." Ezra said and they nodded. They all walked inside and the door closed.