Chapter 36

Emily and Alex were being tortured for almost five hours. Everytime Jobin asked them a question they would say no. Jobin was mostly having Alex tortured in his weak and injured state and made Emily watch. Emily was also tortured but not as much as Alex was. Alex condition wasn't good at all. He was loosing blood from his blast wound and the shocks weren't helping at all. There was no telling if he would survive.

After another forty minutes of torture, Jobin stopped and turned to Emily. "You see, I don't want to do this. I for one enjoy Mandalorian history. I've read so much about you all. Proud warriors that doesn't know the word quit. I have to say, your race is very....Fascinating." Jobin told her. "M-Mandalorian...is not....a race." Emily said trying to get her strength back. "Oh? Then what is it?" Jobin asked. "It's...a Creed. Anyone who is determined can be one. But I don't think someone like you could be one of us even if you tried." Emily said. "I see. Well lets get back to business. Are you ready to tell me everything you know about your Clan?" Jobin said. Emily slowly raised her head to face him.  She then spat on his helmet. "No." She simply said.

Jobin wiped his helmet off. "Hehe. Defiant to the end I see." He said and pressed the button again as shocks went through Emily's body as she screamed again. When it stopped she was heavily breathing and was really weak. "Do whatever you want with me. I'll never betray my family. I'd rather die." Emily said. "Such determination to your people. Tell me what makes a Mandalorian? I'd like to know. Why do you stay loyal to your people so well?" Jobin asked. "Devotion...Self-Sacrifice....Death." Emily said and continued. "Devotion inspires bravery. Bravery inspires sacrifice. Sacrifice...leads to death. So.....feel free to kill yourself." Emily told him.

"Such strong words from you. I wonder...can you say the same for your comrade over here. Are you willing to throw away his life, to protect your clan?" Jobin asked. Emily did not answer as she looked at Alex in his terrible state. His shirt had tears on it. It was soaked with blood from the wound. His skin was pale and his eyes looked down and dead. Jobin grabbed his comm. "Bring it in." He said. Two rebel soldiers came through the door, one was holding something in his hand.

The rebel handed Jobin a small case. Jobin opened the case at showed Emily two needles. "W-What are those?" Emily asked. "Theses will give me a way to make you talk." Jobin said. He pulled out one of the needles. "This is a truth serum." He said. He pulled out the other needle. "And this is a poison needle. If I put this one in you, it will slowly make you feel very sick and cold. You'll be put into a coma and slowly die from it." Jobin explained. Emily had fear inside of her but kept her brave expression on. He slowly walked up to Emily with truth serum in hand. "Keep that away from!" Emily shouted trying to break free from her bonds. Jobin stick the needle in her neck and Emily felt dizzy.

Her vision was clouded and unclear and couldn't think straight. "So Emily are you ready to tell me what you know?" Jobin asked. The serum was trying to make Emily speak but Emily was fighting back. Her head pounding hard and wasn't feeling good. "You can't fight it back foever. Just tell me what I want and the pain can stop." Jobin said. Emily was shaking his head back and forward trying her best to fight back.

Alex was coming out of his weak state and slowly raised his head up. He saw Emily wasn't looking good and was pale. Alex saw Jobin had a needle in his hand. 'That must be the truth serum I heard Jobin said. I gotta help Emily.' Alex thought. He started to move his hands around inside his bounds. He winced at the pain he was feeling on his torso but he kept trying to break free. Finally, to his surprise, his left arm was free and he reached for the button to free himself from the machine. Finally he pressed the button and he was let go.

Jobin turned around and saw Alex jump at him making them both fall to the ground. "A-Alex." Emily called out in a weak voice. Alex slowly got up and was clutching his side. "Don't worry Em. I gonna get you outta there." Alex said as he limped towards her. But then Jobin got up and punched Alex in the face. "Still got some fight in ya. I like that." Jobin said. Alex got up and coughed up blood. He went for a punch but Jobin grabbed his arm. He yanked him forward and kneed him in the gut. Alex fell to the ground but got up again. Jobin grabbed him by the neck and raised him up. "Just give up. You don't have anything left in you." He said. "N-Never." Alex said. "So been it then." Jobin said. He activated his lightsaber and stabbed Alex in the torso.

"ALEX!!!" Emily yelled. Something inside Emily broke into a thousand pieces and she felt a painful ache inside her heart. That's when the tears finally came out and went down her face and she cried. Jobin let Alex fall to the ground and he turned to Emily. "Ah, look at that. It seems like I finally broke her. You both have my respect for lasting this long and continued to fight. So I'll leave you here to spend your last day together." Jobin said.

He pressed a button on Emily's machine and she fell to her knees on the ground. When Jobin left, Emily crawled her way to Alex. She pulled him to the wall of their cell and sat on the floor. Emily still cried as more tears went down her face. Alex turned his head to Emily and saw her crying. "E-Em. You know I hate seeing you like this." He said as he put his hand on his cheek. Emily grabbed his hand and held it. Alex slightly smiled and closed his eyes. Emily started to cry harder and held Alex in her arms. "Alex....please don't leave me." Emily pleaded.

"Alex......I love you."