Empty

3:00am Malfoy Manor

A few hours had passed, with still no sight of Lucius. Narcissa hadn't sat down, instead she'd paced up and down the corridors of the manor, awaiting his anger of the loss when he returned.
Draco hadn't moved either, it was like he was stuck waiting for the wraith of his father, and he knew he couldn't do anything until he returned.
Narcissa was tapping now nervously on the table.
"Act distraught." She spoke quietly, and Draco nodded at her request. They had to make it believable, he had to trust them.
Narcissa wouldn't be a problem, but Lucius had always been suspicious of Draco. Especially after Parkinson had her words with him.

Both of them could practically feel the anger and irruption of Dark Magic as he burst with apparition into the room. Nearly 4 hours after Voldemort's death.
Now would come the collapse of the death eaters, and with that the Malfoy family included, although Draco really did not seem to care.
Lucius threw his cape down onto the ground, clutching at his wand so hard that it was indenting into the palm of his hand. Draco and his mother shared a worried look before stepping back and giving Lucius some space.

For the first few minutes, he didn't talk, just opened a bottle of fire whiskey from the cupboard and swallowed a couple of glasses. His eyes red and blood shot, his beard now slightly grey and stained along the left side with blood. Draco dreaded to know, almost hoped, that he would never find out how many people his father had killed that night. Who he had killed that night. He also noticed that one of his sleeves was pulled up, his left, but it looked strange without his dark mark. He was almost unrecognisable without it.

"We shouldn't have lost."

He voice echoed into the empty corridors around them, as he sat, breathing heavily with built up anger.

"Potter deserved to die. At least to lose. He did it all for Dumbledore, a fucking fraud."
He hadn't raised his voice but it was quite like he was on the edge, and Narcissa nodded at his comment before lowering her head, not quite sure what to reply.
A few more minutes of silence passed before Lucius stood up, "And now mud bloods are going to live forever integrated into our society. It is disgusting."

"I agree, father."
Lucius nodded in a slight approval before addressing them both again.
"Death eaters are going to be put on trial at the ministry."
He voice was cold and clear, and Draco's sharp breath in was enough to make them both turn their heads toward him.
"Including me? To be put on trial?"

"You boy. Are lucky. My contacts in the ministry means that for now I was able to pay us our way out of it. It certainly wasn't cheap. That's why I took so long returning here. I made arrangements practically as soon as it happened. I would rather die than return to Azkaban." He turned to Narcissa with a point, "Can't be saying the same for your sister Narcissa, she is still being put on trial, as of now."

"That doesn't mean we are off the hook. They will be keeping a close eye on us, all of us. So we must lay low in the manor for a while. After all, our families reputation has been tarnished."

"I understand." Narcissa nodded, "We shall stay around the Manor until safe."

"Well it's safe enough but we at least need to let the dust settle on this. Certain people are not going to be happy that I've brought us our freedom."

"Ok." Narcissa and Draco replied, solemnly.

"Narcissa come with me. We both need a rest, it is clear. The outcome was simply a shock to the family." Lucius was practically spitting every word.
Narcissa nodded and followed him upstairs.
"Rest yourself too Draco." She called back, "Now that's all we can do for a while."