More

6:25pm Manor lake

Draco had spent the rest of the morning, and now well into the afternoon, sat at a lake nearby the manor. He hadn't wanted to apparate back yet and definitely needed to give himself sometime to think.

The thoughts were whirring around in his head, should he have just fucking killed his father whilst he had the chance?

He shook his head, pushing a hand through his loose hair, the wind picking it up a little and setting a cool breeze along the clouded sky.
Iris would be worried about him, he should get back to her. Hold her tight- I mean that's what he wanted to do.

He'd never forgive his father, of course.
He'd always hate him forever to, but really what's new with that?
But he'd seen him, seen how fucking destroyed and ill he was. After all, Narcissa had tried to warn him on the effects of using so much dark magic over time. She always was right, and he certainly didn't look like he would have long left.
Perhaps Draco had even given him a few more years after snapping his wand.
As for Pansy, she was just fucking desperate. Sad really, her parents were that invested in who she was to marry she settled for a 45 year old man.
Draco scoffed to himself, collecting his thoughts and then standing up in preparation to leave.
Not before a final solemn look to the manor, way off in the distance.

His mother would've wanted it this way.

6:30pm Alnerwick

He apparated back into the middle of the cottage lounge. He'd only been away for a day but Iris' shocked gasp suggested perhaps weeks.
She lept towards him and pulled him into a hug, fingers tracing over his cheek and blinking back at him with shock.
"You're alright?"
She breathed.
Draco laughed and span her hair around his fingers, eyes locking together.

"Yes, all good." He soothed her gently.
With all the excitement, she'd forgotten Ana who was sat watching them sipping a cup of tea.

"I told you he'd come back." Ana smiled, nodding toward Draco in appreciation he'd returned.
"You shouldn't have left in the first place though."
Her attempt to sound stern hadn't quite come off and her voice was soft and gentle as she looked toward the pair with raised eyebrows.

"The manor we presumed?" Ana questioned, and Draco took Iris' hand to sit down before nodding and confirming that yes indeed that's where he had been.
He wasn't really in the mood for questions, after a long and mainly mentally draining day.
But he'd been lucky so far that his Aunt had let him off so lightly so perhaps he at least owed them this.

He caught Iris' eyes, which were still filled with worry, and she was almost searching him for some sort of injury. Confused that he had come back intact.

"Well go on," She proceeded with a frown, "What happened?"

Draco sighed. Rubbing his head. He looked just at Iris.
"I couldn't do it."
Iris immediately knew what he meant, Lucius was still alive.

"He looks fucking awful," Draco raised a hand to his jaw and rubbed with stress, "The Dark magic in the manor is ridiculous now, without mother to balance it out I suppose."

He paused.
"I asked him why, and as expected, I didn't get much of an answer. He tried to deny killing her at first. Then realised I already fucking knew."

Iris tilted her head, "Anything else?"
She could tell Draco was waiting to reveal something.

"Well," Draco shook his head, preparing for the sort of embarrassment, "Pansy Parkinson was there."

"Oh?"
Even Ana popped her tea down beside her.

"Yes. As my fathers fucking fiancé."