Constant

8:00pm Alnerwick

The next few days were like a blur, Draco struggling with enough strength to pull himself out of bed, eat or even shower. The only accomplishment he had managed was two full bottles of fire whiskey in one night to help dull the cruel reality that his mother was still fucking dead.
He'd never at all imagined comparing himself to Potter but losing a parent certainly was shit, a different sort of pain- one that made him question his whole life.
And even though Narcissa had said not to go against Lucius, how could he not? How could he just ignore it like his own father hadn't just slaughtered his mother? He didn't want to ignore or disappoint his mother but fuck was it hard when he was up against his intrusive thoughts telling him constantly to fucking murder the man.

It had been exactly 3 days since he had lost her and it wasn't seeming to get easier. He hadn't left the bed, as earlier mentioned, and instead had just one constant. That was Iris.
She was in and out of the bedroom every 5 minutes, cuddling up to his chest, updating him on plans for the funeral, or sometimes just sitting there. Watching him. Even if his eyes weren't open he knew she was there, her presence making the whole situation a little easier.

And so she was now, sat on the end of the bed, quirking her head and pretty little face to the side. The sunset from the window streaming over her brow. Lips quirked in sadness as she looked into Draco's sleepy eyes, dark circles that were practically engraved into his face permanently now.
Her hair was tied up in a high messy bun, blonde strands pulled out at the front and one of his large T-shirts to hang over her slight figure.
She looked a treat, but then again- she always did.
That was the only constant. Her being there and looking mesmerising.

For the first time since, he made the first move. Reaching his hands forward to encourage her to come toward his chest. Which she did gladly, flopping herself onto him with a smile.
"What you thinking?" She proceeded with a whisper, her soft cheek rubbing against the crook of his neck.
Although she could probably already guess what.
"About her." He finished matter of factly.
"Ana's done a great job with the logistics of her funeral. She deserves a good send off and she's going to get one." Iris concluded determinedly.
Draco sighed, rubbing his head- he was lucky to have an aunt that had hardly been in his life but actually took so much responsibility.

"A date yet?"
Iris shook her head a little under his chin,
"Not yet, it won't be long though."
"I don't know if this sounds bad but I just want to get it out the bloody way. I fucking hate goodbyes."

Iris nodded because she understood and really, it made sense. Draco couldn't live in this depressed state forever and with the funeral coming soon, that may help eliminate some of the pressure hanging over his shoulders.
Slowly but surely, she would make him feel alright.

"Come on baby. Take a bath with me."
She flipped herself around so that her lips were pressed against his cheeks. Pouting in an attempt that he would take pity on her and finally get himself out of bed.
He smiled a little at her now playful grin, but still didn't feel much like moving.
"You go."
"Without youuu?"
"Yes. Go."
Draco replied sternly, determined to hold his ground.

So she huffed, harshly, in his face, and slid off him. Sauntering with a serious look edging across her features. Then she pulled off the T-shirt, stood in his full view, except now completely naked.
Her perfect figure slowly making in between his legs burn with pleasure- hardening greatly.
Her nipples hard and pointy, her neat slit tucked away temptingly between her legs.
"Fine." She sulked, "I'll go on my own."

Ok. Ok, maybe now he'd get up.
Fuck sake. His bloody poker face could've lasted a little longer.

He gladly watched her naked arse as she walked into the bathroom and shut the door. The sound of the hot tap forced a large groan out of his mouth as he knew what he was about to do.
Get out of bloody bed.
Standing to his feet, he sauntered toward the bathroom. Grieving or not, he couldn't let her have a bath alone looking that good.