Lips

4:00am Malfoy Manor

Draco was frantically spinning around his room. Filling a case with items he would want to take with him- after all, he would never fucking be coming back.
Narcissa was stood at his door, sort of keeping watch, hugging a pouch of floo powder in the palm of her hand.

Draco whipped around to face his mother, "Why can't you just come with me- now?"

Narcissa sighed, "I'm going to stay here. Cover for you. You can stay at the safe house for a few days and I will contact you when Andromeda is ready to take us in at the village? Do you understand?"

"Yes. So you'll meet me in a few days?"
"I will."

Draco was frantic. Every movement frantic, scared his father would realise before he got to escape and banish him with dark magic to the manor forever.
Hey, it could be a possibility- anything's possible with him right?
He didn't even have a chance to think about Iris, to think about seeing her again, mostly because he just didn't have time. Instead he just worried about leaving.
As much as he didn't want to leave his mother behind... he was going to be fucking selfish. After all- he had to live up to the Malfoy name right?

And Iris came before everybody, especially after what he'd put her through.
He was going back to see her. Really going back.

He looked out the window for a brief second, he could hear the strong wind through the pane of glass, the dark sky outside creeping in. His case was half full, he didn't care, had enough. He had enough clothes to keep him going for a while, but to be honest- had no possessions he cared enough for to keep from the manor.
It was all just useless shite, and anything that reminded him of this place would not be welcomed with fucking open arms.
He zipped up his black case, breathing fast, then looked up and met with Narcissa's worried eyes.

"Don't leave that safehouse until I come for you Draco- do you hear me?" Her voice was stern now, serious, it made him feel small. Even a reminder of a tricky childhood.

"And if you, don't ?"

"Andromeda knows. She will come to collect you if I don't arrive within the next few days."

Draco now could barely look at her, the thought of leaving her, or losing her, his mother- was devastating. Especially since she was the only member of his family that he had on his side.
"And you're sure about this? What are you even going to say when he asks?"

"Blaise Zabini has agreed to help cover for me. Just in case- I'll convince Lucius you've gone to stay with him for a while."

"You've been in contact with fucking Zabini? but he fucking-

"Draco I know you haven't been speaking. But whatever has happened between you both you should consider it done now. Blaise is risking himself covering for you, especially if your father is to go snooping."
She paused on thought for a moment,
"Put the past behind you. Of course that's what Andromeda had to do when agreeing to help us. Blaise is a good friend."

Draco didn't really know what to say, him and Blaise had been mates since first year. But since the whole incident where in went in for a smooch with his fucking girlfriend - Draco had felt that was the end.
Anyone trying to lay their hands on his girl made him feel sick, especially his best fucking mate.
But this was nice of him.
Really nice.
To help his mother out. Help him out.

Draco wished for longer to ponder over his confusing friendship with Blaise, but instead his mother was stood in front of him, flapping her arms about to continue to encourage him to grab the case and go.

Draco pulled his mother into a tight hug.
"Make sure you get out too mum."
She whispered back into his shoulder, "I will darling. I'll see you in a few days."