Mirror

TW: blood, self harm.

6:00pm dorm room

The silence over the next few days had been painful.

They had both appeared to ignore eachother, and even when Syd had invited her to hang out with the Slytherin group she had turned down her invite.
Couldn't face him. She didn't want to fall for someone that would so inevitably hurt her.
She wished she could forget about him but the truth was, these past few days she hadn't stopped thinking about him.
In her lessons, in the shower, having lunch with Syd, at 3am in the morning.
He was always there, at the back of her mind. Tonight she decided she would try to clear her head, she was going to go to the Astronomy tower. The place he had asked her to meet him before, where she had encountered her first taste of real true passion.
Maybe the feel of the wind in her hair would give her a sense of freedom from him. From his touch.

6:00pm Draco's dorm

"You coming to Quidditch practice tonight mate?
Elledge said she'd come and watch me."
Blaise smirked at Draco who was relaxed out on the sofa in the Slytherin common room. He lit a cigarette between his lips and scowled.
"No. I'm going to go up to my dorm soon."
"Oh come on mate, you've been so distant the last few days. Our sub seeker is shit compared to you."
Blaise moaned.
"I don't have time for any of this shit anymore. It's so unimportant."
"Mate what the fuck is up with you?"
Blaise dropped his broom to the floor in disguist.
"Is it Elledge's mate? Banks? I know there was something going on."
"Nothing is going on." He scowled back,
"Now piss off."

It came natural to him that when he was hurting he should push people away, that way he could hide his true feelings in the comfort of his own dorm.
Blaise rolled his eyes and stalked out the common room, and Malfoy followed behind him only to split off and lock himself in his room.
He stalked up and down his room, puffing hard on his cigarette.
He couldn't get Iris out of his fucking system. She was always there.

The sex was fucking incredible, he had never felt anything like it and he ached to feel her breasts pushed up against his chest as their breathes synced, millimetres away from those pink rosebud lips.
Sex with other girls would just never be the same again.
He didn't want to give into her, sure a fuck wouldn't hurt, but he knew it would lead to more.
And god he so wanted it to lead to more, yet he knew it was dangerous. He didn't want her to know about, him.
His mark, his family, his connections with the Dark Lord, he just didn't want to get her involved. In any of it.
He needed to protect her and staying away from each other seemed to be working just fine.

But why did it have to be so fucking hard?

That night he stood in the shower and cried. He never cried, ever. But she just ignited something inside of him and he wanted to cry for her.
The first person he had ever cried for in his life.

He cried because she deserved so much better than what she had got. Deserved so much better than what he had given her.
The tears just kept coming, god why did it have to be so hard to stay away from this girl. I mean what it had only been 3, 4 days since they had, non verbally, but both seemingly agreed that they would be better off without each other. Without the passion, without the fucking sex.
God he wished for the fucking sex.
As much as he tried to deny how he felt, he knew he wanted her.

Is that so fucking bad?

The words vulnerable echoed throughout his head and he pictured his fathers face.
He stepped out of the shower and looked into the mirror, his eyes still glossy with tears. When he looked into the mirror he couldn't help but see his father.
Exactly who he didn't want to fucking become. And yet he could feel it happening.
A sudden flash of anger over took him and he began smashing at his reflection in the mirror, he didn't stop, constant smashing until the mirror began to crack, that just made him want to hit it harder, rage pouring through his head. His heart was beating fast, breath quickened. He continued to flail his arms about smashing aimlessly into the glass.
It began to shatter and shards fell around his feet and he continued to smash into it, he shouted as it broke.