Chapter 42

AHHHHHHHH. MY HOMEWORK IS DRIVING ME UP THE WALL. Not that it's hard or anything it's just that the instructions are so darned confusing. Now don't mind me as I dedicate this short little paragraph to ranting my little heart out. ARGHHHHHHH. 

Okie. 

Now we begin. (I so want to watch my TV Drama but that'll have to wait. *Cri.)

Wanwan's POV

So. Who is this lady who decided it would be a splendid idea to come murder my parents huh? 

I walked up to the notice board and saw someone I really wished I didn't have to see. 

Ling. 

I pulled his face off the notice board and read the description. 

Name: Unknown

Code Name: Cyan Finch

Gender: Female 

Whereabouts: Unknown. 

Traits: Slender, high mobility, uses defiant sword. 

WANTED FOR MURDER

Heh, female eh. And who did he murder? Was he the one who murdered my parents? Can't be, he was with me all this time. Or was he? 

I recalled the nights when he dropped me off at Natalia's house, before he sped off in the direction of somewhere. Who knows, it might be him. 

I clutched the poster tightly in my hand, and ran out of the headquarters which was actually located in a store in the shopping mall, and ironically the shop was named "Steal a bite". Yes, it was a fast food restaurant. Some of us here actually work in the front desk to serve food to get funds for the company. Do not ask how I know that. 

I ran off to the place I would normally find that floppy fish, and climbed my way to the rooftop. It isn't very early in the morning, but it's not very late either. Let's just say it's the evening, and the sun was setting over the horizon. 

I plopped my butt on the slightly burning rooftop of the ice cream parlour, avoiding all those pesky solar panels that could electrify your gluteus maximus, or sunburn the cushions you sit on. 

I looked around and admired the scenery of the city lights that started to light up, the mood change very sudden, until I reminded myself of it. 

After awhile, I decided to turn my head to see what the other side looked like, for I would usually watch everything from the ground floor. 

"AH!" I jumped when I saw someone sitting with one knee supporting his arm. 

"Oh, it's just you," I said, once I realised it was the guy I was waiting for, "We need to talk."

"Not, here, come." 

He held my hand and brought me to the rooftop of a random office building. 

"Yes?" 

I held out the scrunched piece of paper in his face. 

"Care to explain?" 

"Heh, female eh?" 

"Stop beating around the bush and get straight to the point. And by the way, how did you recognise me in this?" 

"The same way you expected me to be here. And I know I have some explaining to do an-" 

"DID YOU KILL MY PARENTS?" I couldn't help myself, I couldn't keep my composure. 

Ling went speechless for a moment and raised his hands in the air. 

He took a deep breath in and lowered his hands, "No." 

I raised my crossbows to his head, "SPEAK THE TRUTH." 

He looked at me, and gave a sigh. 

"You made me do this." 

And in a blink of an eye, he was by my side, his sword pressing on my neck. 

"I'm a predator by nature, if you provoke me, you know what happens," he whispered into my ear. 

My heart started to palpitate rapidly, mostly due to fear, but some part of me felt otherwise. I broke out into cold sweat, and it was especially irritating when some got into my eye. 

"Okay, fine, I believe you," I replied, not wanting to lose my life to him, the guy that I am so close to, the guy whom I'm supposed to catch... 

But he's not your target! He didn't kill your parents! 

No, he's still a wanted murderer, justice must prevail!

No, no, no, he didn't do anything out of his will, except, ahem, you know. 

That isn't something to factor in now, make the choice, Wanwan.