Chapter 29

Ling's POV

Why the heck is Wanwan so heavy? Mr Parchment is catching up, he runs surprisingly fast for all that huge clothing he's wearing. "YOU! GET BACK HERE!" He hollered, chasing us as if there was no such thing as getting tired. He flailed his arms like a maniac (I have no idea how he does it considering those thick layers of clothing) and kept screaming and shouting at us to stop or get over here or you shall pay. You get it. I flew up onto the wall with much difficulty. Now to get onto the second wall. Uh. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FLIP OVER WHEN I'M CARRYING SOMEONE?

Oh no, he's approaching. Chang'e was at a good distance away from Mr Parchment, and in good position too. "Chang'e! Second skill and ult, NOW!" I yelled, placing all hopes of survival on her combo. She did that, and just as Mr Parchment launched his power onto the wall to kill me, Chang'e slowed him and nearly killed him. We left him to stand there to recall. We don't really care if he's alive or not. Meanwhile, I was trying all means to secure Wanwan and flip over to the other wall. That's when a tree branch thunked me squarely on the head. 

And that's when I came to my senses. 

Just wake her up.

How could I be so dumb.

I plopped down onto the wall and placed her beside me. Now what would be the most delicate yet least time consuming way to wake her up? Uh... Is she in some enchanted sleep? I hope not, or else... But that's the only reason why she wouldn't wake up when sandwiched between my arms and chest, right?

Okay, here goes nothing.

I scanned my surroundings for signs of Zilong, Baxia and Chang'e. None. Good. I then took a deep breath in and leaned towards her adorable face, those large yellowy orange eyes that were now sealed, that absurdly tiny nose that somehow fits perfectly. And those lips, those pink, tiny lips. My heart pounded incessantly against my ribs, if it weren't for my ribcages, it probably would have pounced out of my chest and into the unknown. Second thoughts formed in my head just before my lips met hers. I froze there. Is this the best option? Is my breath stinky? I ate worms. Oh well, I'm sure a tiger would love to have a taste of a finch. 

I unfroze and wrapped my arms around her body, leaving her to eat my beak up. 

I never knew how good it felt to get your beak eaten up. That was when I felt her tongue wrapping around mine. 

She's awake.

My cheeks became fuel for fire as I felt it burn in embarrassment. I pulled away from her, placing my hand on my neck and stuttering, "I– uh– heh– sorry for that, I mean–" "You're smiling," she chirped. "And it's okay. Finches taste good. Especially Cyan ones," she said in a flirty manner and ran her hands over my shoulder. My heart palpitated faster than it already was, while she remained unaffected. How? Oh golly, I couldn't resist her flirtatious mannerisms and leaned in for another one again, her lips welcoming mine.

Wait.

WANWAN KNOWS HOW TO FLIRT?!?

And so well at that.

That was when my super-sonic hearing caught the unmistakable girls-who-spot-half-naked-hot-men giggle.

Oh no. 

I immediately got back up and used my ultra-sweaty hand to grabbed Wanwan by hers, then attacked an ant near them. 

"We saw nothing," said Zilong in a calm manner. "You are such a great liar, Zilong," I replied sarcastically, "Uh, can we get a move on please?" "Sure thing, bud," Zilong elbowed me and raised his eyebrows up and down. I rolled my eyes, forgetting what he said and replaying that wonderful memory of my first kiss in my head.

(A/N: This was so hard to write. Finally over. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this kind of scenes.)