Chapter 24

Sorry for late update, I was busy yesterday.

Wanwan's POV

Ling!

I ran up to the foot of the staircase and waited for Ling to get down. All eyes were on him as he gripped the handrail with both hands as if he were about to slide down, his feet failing to balance on his weight on his high heels, causing him to trip and go down two steps at a time. By the time he reached the bottom, several men who were at the foot of the staircase next to me were crowding around him and asking for his name and stuff. 

Ling pushed the crowd out of the way, ignoring their attempts to woo him, which he must find irritating. He craned his neck to look for someone and when he tip-toed to get a better look, he lost his balance and fell. I raced over to help him but when I arrived, he was already back on his feet, raising one of his high heels in my face. "Seriously? High heels?" He complained. He threw the shoe back onto the floor and slipped his left foot in. He stuck his hand out and asked gentlemanly, "May I have this dance?" I naturally agreed and took his hand, curious stares were directed our way. A girl with a manly voice asking a girl to dance. Definitely awkward.

We got onto the dance floor and he twirled me round so professionally that it's hard to believe he can't balance on high heels. He was very graceful, even a girl like me can't compete with his grace. If you didn't know him personally, you would think he's a girl. The stumbling in heels gives it away though.

After awhile of dancing, we headed over to the stretch of tables to get some food. Upon our arrival, we spotted Zilong and a girl whom I assume should be Freya, Baxia hugging a boulder in his arms. The three (if you count the boulder, 4) of them were giggling like they ate something funny.  Ling grabbed my hand, probably for support. To my surprise, he went over to the four of them, (you know what, I'm gonna count the boulder) dragging me along, and raised my hand in their faces. Not like a boulder has a face. 

"Yes, we came here as a couple, anything wrong?" Ling asked, all the giggles immediately died down. My cheeks started to burn like fire for some weird reason.

"Good job bro," Zilong patted Ling on the shoulder.

"Hooray for you!" Baxia cheered in his softest voice, which could be heard from 10 meters away.

I'm just puzzled. Okay never mind. My turn to drag!

I used my other hand to wave goodbye to them and dragged Ling to grab some food. I piled some sandwiches and grapes onto my plate after letting go of Ling. Ling took the same. We found a quiet corner in the ballroom to fill our stomachs.

Just as we finished every last morsel of food, the lights went out again, the spotlight shining on the entrance. Once the doors opened up, a girl in blue walked out. Must be Princess Silvanna.

Instead of walking down, she walked up to the edge of the balcony (A/N: or what you call it) and spoke into the mic I never knew existed. 

"Welcome everyone to the grand ball. I am so glad that everyone could make it! Now it is my honour to be able to be standing here, and not in the battlefield right now. Thanks to my chevaliers, we have banished the demons back to the abyss, for now," she started.

She kept going on for a good ten minutes before she announced the actual dancing. Everyone took their spots on the dance floor. The music started playing, somehow or another, everyone danced in sync. HOW? Princess Silvanna danced with that guy in the centre of the ballroom. I spotted the guy who blinked onto me standing in a corner, poor thing, his girlfriend is dead. Oh well.