Chapter 26

Sorry for not updating as frequently, I really really really need to try to think of more content.

Ling's POV

"Wanwan, run!" That was my first instinct. I grabbed Wanwan by the hand and flew up the nearby wall. We watched from a safe distance away from the fight, somehow expecting them to get trapped and we have to go save them.

Still curious to know who that guy was. He seemed so oddly familiar...

I scratched my brain for the memory (not literally) of that guy. Purple. Not Yu Zhong or Luo Yi. Has a whole army of elves to take us down. Elves...

Could it be? Why would that guy who loves to play with parchment come and attack us... It makes no sense...

EXCEPT.

Oh no. We're in serious trouble now.

I felt Wanwan's hand gripping my sleeve very very very tightly. Now that's three verys so you know how tight it is. In case you still can't envision it, my blood had already stopped flowing to my left hand. It's turning very blue now. Yes, my sleeve is that hardy. Okay, I don't want to lose a hand. "Wanwan, a little too tight," I told her, pointing at my sleeve. She let go at once and apologised softly. (A/N: I feel my English is sucking) 

Once the blood managed to flow back into my arm, I patted her on the head. I'm no good at comforting people. 

Talking about blood, things are getting grisly down there.

Zilong just sliced those elves anywhere he could, Chang'e used her skills to attack them, and Baxia? Just being Baxia I guess.

Dead bodies were scattered all over the ground, and puddles of blood could be seen here and there. 

You'd think they have no chance of survival.

But no.

The parchment guy healed the survivors, and a group of elves who actually succeeded to lie in ambush jumped out at them, using skills to stun them. The elves disarmed them and tied them up.

He-hey, I think I can predict the future. (Esmeralda, I'm coming for your job!)

Wanwan tried to jump down and stop them, but I held her back.

"Why?" She asked, despite all her valiant attempts to get down, she couldn't even step off the wall. "We follow them, see what they are doing. Don't be impetuous," I whispered.

I grabbed her hand and leapt to the other nearby wall. They seemed to be headed somewhere. I spotted a makeshift prison up ahead. We need a plan to save them. But how? We don't have the slightest idea how to deal with elves.

 OH RIGHT THAT GUY. Or not. We indirectly killed his girlfriend so maybe he wants us to die. Maybe. 

But we don't have time to look for him now. We just gotta wing it. Time to go sneaky assassin mode and whatever marksman mode Wanwan wants to be. Wanwan can inflict more damage before she farms, so I left her to free the three of them. I hopped down the wall by attacking an ant. (Yes an ant, for now that's all I can find) Then, I took a deep breath in and yelled like Tarzan when he swings from vine to vine. Once all eyes were on me, I hopped onto the wall and dashed off. Remember when I said 'sneaky assassin mode'? Forget that. Time to go full-on attention-loving-brat mode. I screamed and hollered and yodelled, trying everything I could to draw attention. I turned my head to check on Wanwan and the soldiers who were following me.

WAH. SO MANY AH.

At least no one was looking at Wanwan. I dunno what she's doing now, but I just gotta continue running or I'll be a burnt finch. Byeeeeeee!

(A/N: So, so, so, so, sorry for not updating as often, I will try harder. Don't give up on me!)