Chapter 10

AND HELLO AGAIN :D

Sorry for being dormant for another 6 months but I have tests and all and stuff, so I was quite busy. Now, I should continue right? I made some adjustments to my original story plot (continuation of previous few chapters) 

Okay 废话少说 (sprout no nonsense) let's begin.

By the way, no promises that I won't go dormant again in a day.

Wanwan's POV

I tiptoed out of Ling's palace furtively, not wanting to wake up the bird who was asleep. Once I arrived at the entrance, I flung my sleeve and became a ball of gas, and whooshed out of the place. 

I didn't know where I was going, I only knew that I couldn't stay here for long. I knew that I had something to get back to, something to escape from. 

I just- followed my gut instincts...

I flew and flew, getting further and further away from the Heavenly Realm, I felt my descent, getting lower, and lower, nearer to the River of Souls. Then, I swooped up again, flying into the clouds. I closed my eyes (I think I did that, but being a ball of gas means you don't really have eyes. It's complicated.) The next moment I opened them, I was nearing a floating island, a mountain, a landmass. I didn't know exactly what it was. Surrounding it was a semi-transparent force field, streaks of purple glistening every now and then. 

The next thing I knew, I was flying towards it.

I wanted to stop.

I was afraid of crashing. 

But I couldn't.

It was like a magnet attracting a piece of steel, a magnetic attraction. 

I, the chunk of orange matter, was now zooming headfirst into the force field. I closed my eyes, and braced myself for the impact that would be felt on my head in 5

4

3

2

1

I screamed internally. 

But there was no impact. 

Huh. 

Whoosh

That was like, what kind of happened in my brain. I don't know, it just felt like a lot of things just, how do you describe this, uh, whooshed back. 

These memories all started flying through my brain, Ling, Zilong, Baxia, Chang'e... 

They zoomed before my eyes, and I felt more powerful than before. And that's when I knew.

I wasn't just a fruit spirit.

...

I looked at the large plot of land before my eyes. Everything was inanimate. And everything was like it was made out of silver, and was glaringly shiny. Then I realised, it wasn't mercury. Everything was frozen in time, just that it wasn't ice. It was steel. 

I continued looking around as a gas ball, all the buildings, pagodas, trees, flowers, grass patches, floral beds, ox carts, stands, were all made of the exact same alloy that everybody was made of. 

I swooped down closer, and saw floating swords in the air, being pointed at some civilians in tattered robes. Some were spears, covered in blood that looked like solid mercury. There were puddles of these around the ground everywhere that were glaringly obvious as they formed a flat lump above the floor. 

Wanting to really get a good look, I transformed back into my human form and laid my foot on the ground. 

Whoosh.

The moment my right foot hit the ground, the whole place regained its original colour. All the buildings, pagodas, trees, flowers, grass patches, floral beds, ox carts, stands, all regained their original state, and the people slowly started breathing again, their tattered clothings becoming bloodstained and textured. All the knives, swords, daggers, spears and whatnot all dropped to the ground. My orange robe changed into a white silken one with intricate embroidery made of silver thread at the hem. A black collar formed, and lined itself along the edges of my sleeves. A black waist belt formed, and a golden satin pouch with a small bell and red ribbons was attached to the right side of the belt, and it too had intricate embroidery. A layer of translucent white mesh slowly grew from my shoulder all the way down to my arms, and another layer started below the waist belt till the hem. The original hair accessory changed into an elaborate headpiece, which pierced through my hair, holding the braided bun at the back of my head in place. It was a hairpin made of silver, with a silver peony at the edge, and more of that precious metal dangling down from behind the peony. My bangs remained intact, and so did the chestnut colouration of my ludicrously long hair, which continued to flow behind my back despite some of it already being tied. This is a very weird thing that is happening. But I do have to say, this provides excellent comfort. 

Just as I was admiring and/or being stunned at this sudden transformation, a voice came from behind me. 

"Welcome back, Imperial Empress." (A/N: Fancy right, if it's wrong I don't care)

Huh?

...

A/N: OKAY SO HEHEHEHE after expanding my knowledge after reading books here is the next part of the book. Hope yall enjoyed it!