Chapter 12

Ling's POV

"AHHHHH!!!! SKIRT! SKIRT SKIRT! SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!!!" I hollered. Wanwan waved the thing and started to make babyish noises.

"Ling! Ling! Wear! Wear!" She said in such an adorable voice I started to lose control over my legs, and they walked me over to the little two year-old. 

She held the skirt out for me to put on, and I absentmindedly slid my legs in. She pulled the skirt up my legs and onto my waist.  

"Yay!!!" She said, with that cute, adorable, loveable voice that makes you crave for more. That kind of voice that hypnotises you into doing whatever you must to make her say it again.

3rd Person's POV

Soon, four years have passed, and now Wanwan is in Primary one, while Ling is in Primary six. Today is Wanwan's first day of Primary school, let's see what happens...

Ling's POV

"Okay class! Today you guys will become P6 buddies! Now I will give you your buddy's name and gate, so you can wait there for him or her," my teacher instructed. I sat down at my seat, awaiting the moment my teacher would call my name. I was expecting some boy, for I was a boy. Knowing that Wanwan would be in Primary one this year, I'm hoping to at least be able to see her. 

"Ling, you will be paired up with Wanwan from P1-1. She'll be coming from gate three so you may proceed to wait for her there," at last, my teacher said. 

Wait, this must be a mistake.

How could I be paired up with Wanwan? 

Oh wait never mind. I've been mistaken as a girl since the beginning of time. To make matters worse, boys and girls in this school all wear the same uniform. 

I rose from my seat, grabbed my water bottle, and dashed down the stairs to get to gate three. 

I waited there.

And I waited there.

And I continued to wait there.

Until finally, the person I have been waiting for arrived. 

I could tell from those eyes made of topaz and brown hair tied up into two buns. I know no one else who has those features. 

"Hi Wanwan, I'm your P6 buddy. Give me your bag and follow me to the MPH," I told her. It would have been a lot more awkward if I had to do it with a random boy who would probably mistaken me as a girl. 

Instead of dropping her bag down and letting me carry it, she jumped up onto my back instead, like how we'd always do it back at home, but never EVER in school. That's a big no-no. But what can I do? It's in her nature to be jumpy. 

So now I'm supposed to piggy-back her all the way to the MPH. I'm just worried about one thing right now, will she let me go off?

I didn't care much after that, for I knew she couldn't afford to be late on the first day of school, or she'll have a really bad reputation.

So, I dashed back up the stairs and plopped her down at the MPH, where her class was. 

Surprisingly, she let go of me and just sat down. Just like that, allowing me to get back up to class and be reunited with my classmates, even though I would really rather be sitting with her. If you want to know who my friends are, they're mostly girls. One is named Fanny, the girl with orange hair and a humongous older brother. Then there's Natalia, the girl with magenta hair and loves to wear hoodies. 

But my best friend would be Wanwan, that's for sure.

3rd Person's POV

But how are you so sure, Ling?