Chapter 10

CAUTION! English beyond this point may be broken and improper, but this is of a seven year-old kiddo so I seek your understanding.

Ling's POV

Today is my first day of primary school. I wonder what I'll be doing here. If only I could bring my sword, but Mummy said that the school rules don't allow us to bring what weapon-like objects. So bad one. 

Mummy hugged me and said goodbye before pushing me into the school. I walked in with my heavy backpack, which Mummy said was to prevent me from flying, but I want to fly. Why everything so bad one ah?

Then, a big girl walked up to me and started to say, "Hello little girl. Ling, is that right? Okay Ling, welcome to our school. May I carry your bag for you?" I don't think I'm a girl, but I nodded my head anyway. She took my bag from me and asked me to follow her. 

I CAN FLY AGAIN!

But Mummy say I cannot fly no matter what. I must listen to Mummy and be a good boy, so I can see little sister Wanwan Mummy always talks about. She say that I might be able to become friends with her, and we can practise fighting with each other when she grows up. So I want to be a good boy.

The big girl brought me to the parade square, where I need to sit and wait for my teacher. I sat in the boys' line and waited there. I saw someone sitting beside me, so I decided I wanted to become his friend.

"Hello, what's your name?" I ask.

"Eeeee, a girl," he say.

Why does everyone think I'm a girl?

I heard Mummy say that the clothes everyone wears in the school are the same, maybe that's why. 

School bell rings, everyone is dismissed and Ling is seen running out the school gates and jumping into his mother's arms.

"Mummy! Mummy! Mummy! Can you bring me to see little sister Wanwan?" I ask once I saw Mummy.

"Okay, sweetie. We'll go home for a shower before we go see Wanwan, okay?" Mummy say back. I nodded my head and wanted to go home as fast as possible.

I showered and came out, and I went to Mummy to ask her if we can go to Aunt Xinyue's house. Mummy laughed and carry me up. She went to take my water bottle and shoes and she took her bag. She help me wear my shoes and she open the door, then we went out.

"Yay! We are going to see little sister Wanwan!" I shout. I really cannot wait to see her. Mummy tell me just now cannot bring my sword in case I hurt little sister Wanwan, but I still bring it. I didn't let Mummy know. 

"Yes we are, sweetie! Wait, Ling. Did you bring your sword?" Mummy ask. 

Uh-oh.

"Mummy, I promise I won't use it on her! I promise!" I say. I really want to bring my sword, because I don't feel safe without it. 

"Oh fine, since you promised. But if you break your promise, your sword will be locked up until you are old enough to safely handle one, okay?" Mummy say.

"Yes Mummy!" I say.

"Good. We are reaching soon, Xinyue  doesn't stay very far. Okay sweetie, get down. Mummy's arms are tired," Mummy say.

Mummy put me down on the floor and let me walk myself. I'm already Primary One, I don't need Mummy to carry me around anymore anyway. I will look like I'm a baby, and my classmates say they don't like babies.

"Okay Ling, we've arrived! Say hello to Aunt Xinyue!" Mummy say when we reach Aunt Xinyue's house.

I said hello and ran into the house after I take off my shoes.

Ay? Where is Wanwan?