Chapter 28

Due to some technical errors earlier, I had to unpublish every chapter and publish it again, so if you received any notifications, ignore them. Sorry for the later update.

Ling's POV

After flying from wall to wall to wall to wall to- I think you get it, those soldiers were already dead beat. They stopped chasing after me and basically stopped doing anything. I took this time to go find Wanwan and see how she's doing.

*Hops from wall to wall again

Once I got close enough to the makeshift prison, I saw Wanwan stuck. To nothing. What is this evil sorcery?

Should I attack? Should I just wait for things to happen? Should I walk about and pretend nothing is happening and when no one is watching free everyone? I'm no mage so I can't do this. Neither can I reason with Estes, he's more stubborn than a rock, not even Zilong can flip him. Ah what to do what to do? If I kill him, who will lead the moon elves. Yet, since when have I been so indecisive before? I kill whoever I want to kill. But I don't want to kill. How ah? 

EEE.... 

Uhhhh....

I knocked my fist on my head, (softly) trying to get something out. Not my eyeballs. Not my brain, either. That was when I thought of the perfect solution.

I transformed into my true form and flew around to look for some berries, worms, anything edible that birds can eat. 

That's my true form in case you're wondering

I ate and ate and ate. Then waited for it to digest.

10 minutes later

1 hour later

1 eternity later

JK, that's just an exaggeration. But still, after some time, something started to poke my butt. It's show time.

I flew over Mr Parchment's head and relieved myself.

Ahhhh...

"What is that wet thing on my head?" He questioned himself, not knowing I was there. He patted the top of his head and looked at it. His face immediately scrunched up in disgust. "Ewwww, bird doodie!" He held his wrist and flung it around, that comical look on his face. Wanwan was asleep, Chang'e, Zilong and Baxia were so engrossed in doing nothing that they didn't notice what was going on. Once Mr Parchment ran off to wash his hand, I flew down to the cage and used my acute sense of hearing to spin the dial open using my feet. I transformed back to my human form and called the three of them to get them out. 

"Ling? What are you doing here?" Asked Zilong who was pouting in anger. I shook my head and replied, "No time to lose, you guys go hide somewhere first and I'll find you. Hide or die, simple. Now go." And so they did. Hehey, I'm the leader now. Bippidy blah blah, now time to save Wanwan. 

Now I need help. Oh crap. Now I need to call Chang'e back. She wasn't quite far, so I transformed to my true form (second time today) and flew to Chang'e and got her to follow me. 

Fast forward all the dashing back.

We arrived in front of Wanwan, who was soundly asleep.

"How do we free her?" I asked Chang'e. "Hmm, this seems to be a binding spell. Not a very difficult one to counter. Now give me a moment," she replied after inspecting the bind. She then shot out some magic or something (I'm seriously clueless in this area) and Wanwan flopped to the ground. I swooped down without a second thought to catch her, and I lifted her up, carrying her away bridal-style.

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

The sound of footsteps became louder and louder.

Uh oh, he's approaching. "Quick, Chang'e, run!" I yell-whispered. It is not easy to run or fly with a 40 kg tiger (considered light liao lah, hah) in your arms, so I let Chang'e run off herself first. Okay Wanwan, you now owe me a day without skirt chasing.