Chapter 45

Wanwan's POV

When I saw the immense power Yu Zhong had, I knew it must be him, the guy who saved me when I was a little kiddo, the one who taught me Kung Fu, the one who promised–that he would never let those kinds of things happen...

LIAR!

Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring my vision entirely. One thing I hate the most is a liar. A big, fat, dirty liar. 

"Girl, come over. You little friends are all down, you don't need them. You would do great over here with us, you know?" He tried to coax me to follow him. As if I would trust that bastard in this life, or the next one, or the next, or the next. And he still dared to persuade me to join him? Heh, not in his wildest dreams. Another thing I hate is blind confidence. He thinks he can get a little 15 year old girl to become one of his followers because he is oh-so-mighty. That's two insults to me in half an hour. TWO

Not just anyone can achieve that so I'll clap for that.

And at that moment, I started to heat up in anger, the strong emotion starting from within my head, before slowly engulfing me. This anger acting as fuel for my fire, my feet started to lift off from the ground. 

I used my AoE, knowing that they would try to attack me after I launched my darts forward. I hit Luo Yi first, as she was attacking my dear Chang'e. In a matter of seconds, I shot down all her weak spots and activated my ultimate before she could do anything. And within another couple of seconds, she was down. On the ground. Dead.

I immediately switched my target to Yu Zhong, for my ultimate now would last longer. 

Just at the point when I was about to kill him, like one more shot and he's dead, my ultimate ended. Vulgarities were almost sent flying into the air, but I controlled myself for Chang'e can't hear this kind of things. 

I tried to compose myself, but it's hard to in the face of danger, the face of hatred, the face of disappointment. Three faces looking at you, staring very hard, each one forcing you to do a different thing. 

Anyways, after I smashed down the faces of disappointment and danger, hatred's face was taking up a large amount of space. I readied my crossbow, wanting to shoot him, to end his miserable, sorry, and cruel little life. 

Almost time... almost... and I'm just going to fire my sleeve dart now. 

And as if he could read my mind or predict the future, he raised his hand and gestured for me to stop. For some reason, I did. I listened to what he had to say.

"Girl, are you sure you don't want to save your little boyfriend over there?" He asked. I turned my head to face the direction Yu Zhong flung Zilong and Ling to. To my utmost horror, I saw Ling, on the ground, as lifeless as a rag doll. 

"LING!" I hollered at the top of my lungs, and the word reverberated through the battlefield. I dashed right over to his side, almost completely forgetting the battle Yu Zhong and I were having. Upon my arrival, I realised he wasn't dead yet. I got onto my knees and lifted his head into my lap.

"Ling..." I cried, caressing his face which was getting colder and colder by the second. He used all his strength remaining to move his hand onto mine, which was also very cold. "You bastard! You broke the promise!" I yelled through the tears that were streaming down my face. He smiled weakly and replied, "See you in the next life, Wanwan."

And he was gone, just like that.