Chapter 33

Happy Halloween! Did you know there is a blue moon tonight?

Ling's POV

"Oh yes, I forgot to introduce you to them, Baxia, Ling, Wanwan," Zilong somehow read my mind and pointed to wards the three of us, before continuing, "Kagura, Hanabi, Hanzo, Hayabusa." So the blue one is Kagura, the ponytail girl is Hanabi, the stinky armpit guy is Hayabusa, and the guy with Baxia's hairdo just purple is Hanzo.  "These is the second line of defence for Cadia Riverlands, and I'm sure you know, we are the first line. In case you don't, now you do," Zilong explained. Okay, so now I know. 

After that, Zilong continued his conversation with Kagura about some kind of trouble we are facing and so on and so forth. I just dazed off. 

All of a sudden, Zilong clapped his hands and frightened the beejeemums out of me. "Alright people, we have to head back to the Dragon's Altar. According to Kagura, Yu Zhong is probably back to do something. I don't know. All I know is that he is attacking Cadia Riverlands. So, time to get back to the Dragon's Altar. Go pack your stuff and we'll leave. Thank you for the stay, we shall take our leave," He said, first to us, then to them. 

I nodded, still mad at him for snapping me out of my daydream. Not telling you what I was daydreaming about. You want to know? It's about Wanwan. Okay? Now you imagine what I was imagining.

We went back to our room, packed up , checked out, and went to say goodbye to the four people we just met. 

Goodbyes done, now we set off for the Dragon's Altar, the place we are supposed to go. Where else, huh?

By the way, who the hell is Yu Zhong?

I don't really care, all I know is that he is dangerous.

We followed Zilong back to the Dragon's Altar, as we have a horrible sense of direction. As a bird, I am ashamed of that. 

As we progressed, the sky became gradually darker, clearly a sign of evil forces. "What's going on?" Asked Wanwan curiously. "Yu Zhong and Luo Yi are nearby, and if you didn't know, Yu Zhong is the Black Dragon, yet his favourite colour is purple, which is weird. Luo Yi, I'm sure we all know her," replied Zilong. 

L

U

O

Y

I

That idiotic sister again. What is up with her? Typical, though. 

Actually, to be honest, the Dragon's Altar wasn't as far as I had expected. Just a turn from Nashiyako Inn to the forest path, follow it until you see light, out you go and you'll see a hill, climb over it, go through a tunnel, cross a bridge over the river, and voilá. You have arrived at the Dragon's Altar, please alight now. 

Indeed, it looked a mess. Bricks were scattered everywhere and you could smell the smell of burnt things. It looked very– dead

"No, master," Chang'e cried. Uh-oh. 

"Yes, Chang'e, dear," a voice of a man suddenly said from behind us. 

"Master! You're not dead!" She squealed. Oh yay.

While Zilong and Chang'e continued to chat with their master, Wanwan, Baxia and I went to walk around the demolished place. We had to avoid piles of rubble everywhere and make sure that nothing is on the verge to flatten us into sheets of paper, and no Luo Yi or Yu Zhong (whoever he is) comes out of nowhere to slice our heads off. We all hid behind Baxia, following him like his shadow. Wanwan does her signature grip-and-stop-blood-flow move on my arm again. 

All of a sudden, the ground started to quake violently and all of us lost our balance, causing al of us to fall backwards. And get squashed by Baxia. Then fall into the abyss. Jk, but the squashing was real, that's for sure. And we did fall, though not into a never ending drop into the abyss, though that should end once you reach the abyss. But not going to talk about that now, it doesn't matter. BUT STILL.