Chapter 4

Wanwan's POV

I got tired, tired of life, tired of whatever has come my way. I wiped my tears dry and stood up to end this once and for all. For the last time in this life, will I be using my crossbows.

My heart, filled with an indescribable feeling, maybe a mix of anger, hatred, sorrow, hurt, all squashed up to form the organ that pumps blood rich in oxygen, digested food and water to all parts of my body and blood rich in carbon dioxide and waste materials away from all parts of my body for removal. (A/N: Yes, science. Good to know.)

This cocktail of feelings were the fuel to my dying fire, which would burn once more, for a short period of time, before dying out.

So, I got my crossbows ready and jumped out at Yu Zhong, who was still trying to heal himself. Too bad, I had necklace of durance. I stole it from Ling after he died. I walked up to him and shot all my remaining sleeve darts at one go with such immense pressure, I was sent flying backwards. 

Everything hit his Reverse Scale, sending the evil spirits flying everywhere. 

However, I won't have the time to celebrate.

The moment I hit the ground, I coughed up a whole lungful of blood, right onto Ling's dead body. Now this is the third kind of bodily fluid I have spat out on him.

I lifted up my arm weakly to hold his hand, and it was as if I pressed some sort of button to activate it, I coughed up another mouthful of blood, and died.

Just like that.

In pure and utter pain and despair.

At least I killed Yu Zhong, so at least I died in dignity. 

I stepped out of my dead body, unable to feel pain anymore, freed from the suffering of living. Not suggesting that anyone should die or commit suicide or anything. 

Anyways, as soon as I stepped out of my bone and flesh, I found myself in a meadow. A very big and peaceful meadow. 

Then, my eyes caught something. Something glowing. No, not glowing. More like shining light to blind the dead. My gut instincts told me to walk to the light, to check out what hides behind it, maybe possibly find Ling. 

So I walked to it.

That was when I realised it was a bridge.

So I crossed it. 

Then a guy with a booth popped out in front of me.

"Hello Wanwan, welcome to the world of the dead. Now, if you would just proceed to the FAT People to find your place on the list for reincarnation, you would be able to go into the Dead Realm. Basically the same place, just that one side is for those who have a spot, while the other is for those who have just joined us. Now, just walk straight for a hundred meters and turn left, you will see an open door. Go on," he blabbered and yabbered the moment I saw him.

No questions asked, I followed his directions to the FAT People. I assume they are a chunk of people who didn't watch their eating habits.

I walked into the door and saw a circle on the ground.

"Hello Wanwan, please stand in that circle over there, we will be watching your life documentary to find your sins and good deeds. Do not fear us, we will not eat you up or kill you, besides, that can't harm you now. Before that, anything you would like to say?" The moment I stepped in, a lady who did not look fat at all greeted.

That was completely and entirely sudden.