Long distance

DISCLAIMER: Credit the cover artist Maelwyth on Tumblr! I missed writing pure fluff so here it is, so hopefully you enjoy it, but you should know fully well this is a domestic au where faunuses exist because that's just how it works here

It's been only two weeks ever since Arthur took a business trip away from home and Tyrian, surely without a doubt they have called each other every day regardless what time it could be for the other, they always called each other every day. They also made plans for when Arthur comes back they can immediately have a date, it was something Arthur was looking forward for even if he just got back from a trip away from Tyrian, at the very least he promised Tyrian that he is coming home next week, and as for Tyrian he was more than happy to see him again. But of course in Tyrian's time as night arrives he was on the phone with Arthur "I'm sorry to make it short Arthur darling but as you said I better get sleep." Tyrian said and yawned after, of course Arthur understood and whenever they call each other the doctor always reminds the faunus to get sleep "It's perfectly fine Tyrian, I'll see you soon darling." Arthur said giving a smile to Tyrian and with him smiling back at Arthur, they both hang up the call, while Tyrian was getting ready to go to sleep but little did he know the other side of wherever Arthur was he's getting ready leave the hotel just to go back home to Tyrian.

Tyrian woke up and got out of bed to make himself just coffee and a toast for breakfast, after that  he was sitting on the couch absolutely bored until his scroll rang and he immediately and practically scattered to his scroll and before answering it, he was surprised to see Arthur's name pop up "Arthur? Why are you calling me isn't it night for you?" Tyrian asked sounding surprised, well not only that but also concerned for Arthur not getting enough sleep "I can't quite answer that dear, but you could answer the door." After Arthur saying that he hangs up the scroll, Tyrian at this point was so confused and got up from the couch and walking towards the door just to find Arthur standing there with his luggage in hand, they both watch each other smile widely and being so happy to see each other again. Tyrian threw his arms around Arthur's neck holding him close into a hug, Arthur welcomed the embrace and practically dropped his luggage to hug Tyrian back "I can't believe you're back!" Tyrian said with such excitement and unwrapped his arms around Tyrian just to bring Arthur inside in the house with the luggage with the door closed behind them and of course and before Arthur could respond back Tyrian had something else to say "Wait what about that business trip?" Tyrian asked with some worry that by just coming back home it would make Arthur in trouble "I wanted to surprise you, well that and there were some plans changed, but overall I did want to surprise you." Arthur responded seeing Tyrian smile more and his tail started to swing left and right with joy, the doctor started to smile as well "That's endearing of you Arthur really." Tyrian said throw his arms around Arthur once again to bring him in for a kiss, Arthur brought his arms around Tyrian's back and kissed him back, when they pulled away they were smiling like idiots.

Although part of the reason why they pulled away from their kiss because Tyrian knows full knew Arthur would need to unpack all of his things "Once I get all my things unpacked and organized we can immediately start our plans." Arthur informed giving Tyrian a kiss on his cheek before running off into their bedroom to unpack all his things and put them in organized spots, Tyrian was back sitting on the couch and he was practically shaking in joy that Arthur is back and safe as well. When Arthur walks back into the living room he finds Tyrian sitting on the couch "So, would you like to do our plans now or later?" Arthur questioned as he sits down on the couch with Tyrian, the answer should be simple really but Arthur wouldn't exactly know "Well, sense your surprise was a bit early than expected we can just relax for now and do all the other plans later." Tyrian answered and it was absolutely a reasonable plan for the both of them considering how long it took for Arthur to come back home "Sounds like a plan to me then, overall I'm just glad to be home with you." Arthur admitted as Tyrian just laughed a bit and held Arthur's hand, he was going to admit something as well, which was already known for a fact "Yes well, I missed you too Arthur." Tyrian said but then the doctor felt some guilt for making the faunus having to wait for him to come back home, there was plenty of other times like these, it was just that Tyrian absolutely hated having to wait for Arthur "I'm sorry if I was away, I've always have been sorry for that as well." Arthur apologized but then of course Tyrian would accept that apology, sense Arthur has always been a bit apologetic in their relationship "There's no need to apologize darling, I promise that." Tyrian will always reassure Arthur of that as well, and yet Arthur has some guilt over it, and once again Tyrian will always reassure Arthur that it's fine, besides the faunus did slightly hate the fact Arthur has overworked himself "Alright, I'll trust you on that then." Arthur said planting a kiss on Tyrian's head, the faunus smiles at the doctor, they both really are happy to be together again.