Fireflies

DISCLAIMER: Credit the cover artist Maelwyth on Tumblr! This is going to be domestic criminal au because yes I am ignoring canon, this was just a random idea to write so

It's has been days for Tyrian and Arthur being so busy that they weren't able to see each other, the only times that they could was when the faunus and the doctor sleeping in each other's arms and yet every time one of them wakes up the other was gone only for work. Although it's no lie, they both miss each other dearly, although with finally some rest the faunus has while staying at their home as the doctor was pacing around to get ready for work "I'll be back at eight or so. Are you going to be alright alone?" Arthur questioned seeing as Tyrian gets a bit saddened to the doctor having to leave "Or you could stay." Tyrian said lightheartedly and hoped for the right answer being that Arthur will stay "Tyrian, you know there's work to be done. I don't have time to rest." He didn't seem to be harsh, well maybe harsh on himself that might be, the faunus truly hated to see the doctor overwork himself and not even take care of himself in the slightest "Just call in sick, please we both need rest and you know full well that means you too." Tyrian sounded a bit desperate and whenever he does Arthur would slightly give in "That would be a lie." Arthur said not looking at the faunus too much and if he took one glance the doctor would have to give in "You don't think I would know that? Please, stay." Tyrian begged, Arthur sighed and walked up to the faunus to give him a kiss on the forehead "I'm sorry, I'll be back quickly as I can. I promise." Arthur felt so dearly sorry for Tyrian, with how much the faunus misses the doctor he felt himself having trinkets of tears in the corner of those golden eyes of his "Make sure you do." Tyrian said with a some hoarse in his voice as in that moment the doctor grew more weaker for the faunus "I will, and when I come home I promise we will have some quality time together." Arthur once again promised giving another kiss on Tyrian's forehead before walking to the door "Arthur." Tyrian called out before the doctor was putting his hand on the door handle, Arthur turned around to face the faunus "Is there something you need Tyrian?" He asked, at first Tyrian was a bit quiet before responding but when he did the faunus has a soft smile "I love you." Tyrian says making it hit Arthur's soft spot, to where the doctor didn't want to leave at all and yet he has to "I love you too." Arthur responded with a soft smile across his face. Tyrian watched as Arthur walked out of the door and felt a bit lonely after the doctor left, the faunus curled his tail as Tyrian clutches onto a pillow on the sofa and yet at the same time he felt comfort and warmth knowing Arthur will come home soon enough.

Tyrian lays on the sofa for a while until he could collect any energy to get up from the sofa and when he did Tyrian found Arthur's jacket he accidentally left behind, the faunus sighed and puts on the jacket for the warmth and the scent of Arthur, Tyrian then softly smiles at the slightest comfort of the jacket "It's just like him." Tyrian said in a whisper, but of course it wasn't as almost as it was Arthur, it is a jacket after all but it felt like the doctor was already here and never left to the faunus. After spending a few moments or maybe a hour alone Tyrian decided to make a small dinner for himself and after dinner the faunus took the house keys while yet still has Arthur's jacket on and decides to puts the keys into the pockets of the jacket. Tyrian walks out of the house and decided to walk around into the forest with his arms behind his back, he made it into a little area where there was glowing fireflies all around "Well doesn't this look beautiful?" He said to himself as the faunus tightens his grip on Arthur's jacket he was still wearing for the warmth and comfort, and yet it wasn't the same if Arthur wasn't around with the faunus to see such a pretty sight. Tyrian lays on the grass and being careful not to get Arthur's jacket dirty, overall he wanted to enjoy the sight of the glowing fireflies "Arthur would've liked this sight." Tyrian says slightly smiles to himself, he made himself miss Arthur when he was away at work. For what almost seems like a hour, Tyrian was still in the forest watching the fireflies feeling the most peaceful he has ever felt from all the pressure that the faunus has been under, Tyrian felt his worries and stress slowly wash away although he can't shake the feeling of the worry for Arthur because he yet was still missing the doctor. All while Tyrian was in the forest, Arthur returned home and got into the house with the spare keys he brought along just in case and once the doctor enters the house there was no sight of the faunus in the kitchen and the living room "Tyrian I'm home! Where are you?" Arthur called out containing some excitement he had to see the faunus again, and yet there wasn't any answer or the slight of noise. The doctor did saw the dishes from the kitchen and to his best guess Tyrian wasn't home, Arthur pulled out his scroll to call the faunus in hope of Tyrian would answer his scroll but in the distance he could hear the ringtone of the faunus' scroll, the doctor sighs and puts his scroll away "Where are you Tyrian?" Arthur had a worried tone in his voice, the doctor thought to himself that perhaps he shouldn't have left home with Tyrian all alone knowing that full well that the faunus misses Arthur dearly.